We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

Hi all

Going to Bali in a few days time. But now I just need to finalise some of the little things, being a diligent planner that I am.

I would truly appreciate it if you could review my itinerary while in Ubud. The tours are already booked.

Tue 1 Feb

Get in the late afternoon. Lunch at Kafe Batan Waru.

Explore Ubud central area, check out the Ubud Market. I understand it's a lot more traditional in the early morning, and more touristy later in the afternoon? Will it still be worth going?

Dinner: Warung Murni or Warung Enak

Wed 2 Feb

Banyan Tree Bike tour in the morning - lunch included

Dance performance at the Ubud Palace. I really wanna see the Legong AND Barong dance (one dance after the other). What's the current schedule like? Do they still do these dances at 7.30PM every Wednesdays?

Dinner at Nomad.

Thu 3 Feb

Free day.

Dinner at Clear Cafe.

Fri 4 Feb

Guided tour to Ubud temples and Kintamani.

Dinner at Bebek Bengil ( Dirty Duck )

I really want to see Legong and Barong. If the show starts at 7.30pm. What time is the best time to arrive to secure excellent seats? Do we buy the tickets at the information centre earlier that day, or just before the show begins, or do you recommend buying from the hotel?

Many thanks for all your help.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

I think your itinterary sounds fine. The Ubud markets are better to explore early as all the fresh produce is there then and yes it's less touristy. But, the markets are good all day long. As far as I know the dances are still on Wednesdays at Ubud Palace. I would buy tickets from the information centre and if you want good seats then I would arrive about 7pm. Have a great time, I just love Ubud.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

Tue. If you get in late afternoon, I suggest just a snack, maybe ,Cafe Lotus which is close to the markets. Have dinner at Warung Enak

Wed .After tour, you can have dinner AND see a show at Laka Leke and then go to a dance at the palace another night as you may not feel like sitting on hard steps for hours after a bike ride :)

Thur. Walk, shop, have a massage, explore, lunch at Indus. It's lovely .

Dinner Nomad ( forget Clear Cafe.) Maybe a good night for a performance as you will be rested.

Fri After tour Bebek Bengil or Cafe Wayan

Get your tickets at performance unless your hotel will take you there and back for a good price.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
31 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

Hi!

We went several times to Ubud and left our hearts up there.

Here's a few place that we always love to see :

Museum:

Neka http://www.museumneka.com/

ARMA

Blanco www.blancomuseum.com/blanco-museum/index.html

Cultural Center: Bali Cultural Center http://www.baliclassiccenter.com/

Bali Safari Marine Park

balisafarimarinepark.com/…

Safari Park as well as the greatest Bali Agung Performance

Food :

Batan Waru serves excellent food, reasonable price.

Warung Murni has a laid-back ambience, we only have coffee or tea while enjoying the river and reading books for hours

Sari Organic

When: Open daily from 8:00am to 5:00pm

What you can find: Sari Organic’s farm has a wide range of organically grown fruits and vegetables. You can visit the farm and order there or you can order from the Sari Organic restaurant, which is directly across the path and very much worth visiting anyway. They also deliver.

Address: The farm and restaurant is located in a rice field about a 20 min walk from downtown Ubud. To get there, walk 800m down the Abangan/Water Way, starting from Ubud Main Rd. It’s not the easiest place to find, so follow the signs or ask a local if you have trouble.

Phone:(+62 0361) 780 1839 or 972 087

Laka Leke the Hideaways

(you can have dinner while watching Kecak Dance.....so romantic)

http://www.lakaleke.com/

Dirty Duck

http://www.agungraka.com/bebekbengil/fact.asp

Naughty Nuri's right opposite the Neka Museum

Kadewatan Chicken Rice

Suckling Pig Ibu Oka is a must!

Bali Buddha

When: Daily from 8:00am to 10:00 pm

What you can find: Bali Buddha is Ubud’s only real health food store. It carries fresh organic produce, raw organic nuts and seeds, raw apple cider vinegar, olive oil, coconut oil, herbal remedies, vitamins and supplements

Address: Located across from Ubud’s Post Office on Jl. Jembawan No. 1

Phone: (+62 0361) 976 324 – Home Delivery Available

Enjoy your Ubud trip!

Cheers,

Christina

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
494 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

I have not seen the Legong dance so can't address it

I have seen the Barong dance and most recently the Kecak dance

I much preferred the Kecak dance-lots of action ,which you are very close to.The Barong dance was interesting but frankly too long and it almost put me to sleep

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

I saw the Legong dance (monday nights) at Ubud Palace and it was very good. I think I got there about 7.15 and got a pretty good seat.

Try and get to Cafe Wayan on Jalan Monkey Forest, maybe you could go on your free day. The atmosphere in the tropical garden restaurant is lovely and the food is good too.

One of the food delicacies in bali is Suckling Pig. Try the spesial at Ibu Oku on Jalan Suweta (just up from Jalan Raya Ubud) for lunch if you get the chance.

I tried to go to Nomad but it was fully booked when I arrived, I went to Ibu Rai instead, which was also packed and the food was excellent.

Someone else suggested the Neka Art Museum, I personally loved it but if you're not into art it may not be your thing.

There's also a lot of good shopping in Ubud especially on Jalan Monkey Forest.

Have a fantastic time!

Edited: 31 January 2011, 12:14
6. Re: Ubud itinerary 4 nights and 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 12:18