We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

Perh
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

Hi Guys,

I am off to Bali on Friday 15th.Woo Hoo.. (Can’t wait). I have been looking at the reviews for this tour... I really think I might have to do this...BUT... Does anyone know if the tour group has put a rating on what level of fitness you have to have.... Like are there heaps of HILLS???...LOL ... Thanks in advance :)

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

We did the Bingtang one 2 weeks ago and it's mostly down hill with only 2 or 3 short uphills, which you can get off n walk it if you can't make it up, I haven't been on I bike for about 10 or more years and there were a few others on our trip that were a bit on the biggish side so don't worry, it's no tour de France lol have to say it is a must do, it was the absolute highlight of our trip... Have fun

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

The ride I did was 40 - 45 km , Most of it was down hill from kintamani to ubud . We all had a small break at the top of each hill , so everyone can catch up .

I had a great day , my butt was sore for a while and I slept well that night .

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

I did this bike tour in Feb!! It was downhill for the most part and quite easy, but the uphill came right in the heat of the day so only the last hill I felt like I was gonna drop dead lol It was amazing though and more than just a bike tour and the lunch at the end is fantastic !!! Drink lots of water !!!

Perh
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

WOW, as you can see I am new on this site and I am so appreciative for everyone’s advise..:) The reason for the fitness question is that I am on the Bigish side but have recently lost 14kg and I have NEVER ever done anything like this before but this site and all your comments have inspired me and I WILL BOOK this tour as soon as we get into BALI... So thank you all and for your advice and enjoy your travelling life :) When I get back I will do my own review and I am now SO excited....:)

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

Bit of additional advice - I did the ride about 18 months ago at 59 years of age. True I had to get off a couple of time and push my bike and even got a lift in the support van for a short way but I loved the experience. Oh yes the advice I took a Gel Pad Bike Seat Cover - cost about $20 in Big W and it was worth it my bottom really appreciated it. When I got home I gave the gel pad to my daughter for her exercise bike. Enjoy the ride.

Perth
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

I did a similar ride last year and the biggest workout was your hands on the brakes.

My 6 year old did it and he was put in the "sag wagon" for the 3 or so Hilly bits but other than that did it by himself - oh I did ride behind him and push him on one bit but that added to the fun of the day.

Try it you'll have a great day.

newcastle
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

do it it is amazing best part of our hoilday.

Perh
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

Yes, I went out today and bought some great walking/Cycling shoes and Yep I have packed the Gel Bike Seat Cover lol - Thx Carofire Great info :)

OOOoo only 4 more sleeps :).. Thank you all so much with your positive feed back

9. Re: Happy Bike Cycling Tour - Fitness Level ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Ubud