We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Alam shanti have in room safes and lockable rooms?

Bendigo
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Do Alam shanti have in room safes and lockable rooms?

All of the Alam properties looks great. My son is thinking of travelling alone so security is important. Would Alam properties be close enough to town for him? He is 19 yrs old speaks Indonesian and wants to experience the culture. Not interested in Bars & nightlife.

Zug, Switzerland
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Alam shanti have in room safes and lockable rooms?

No, Alam Shanti rooms don't have safes in the rooms but you can open a "safety deposit box" at the reception - this consists of a big brown envelope that you put all your valuables in. I didn't see where the big brown envelope gets stored but I am presuming in a safe. Re the doors - ours did lock, but it is more of a token lock really, anyone could break it open if they wanted to. Having said all that, I felt that we and our belongings were perfectly safe at Alam Shanti. I just had a good feeling. But "stuff" happens, and it could happen anywhere. In my opinion Alam Shanti is perfectly situated to town - a 10 minute walk. I loved the fact that is was such a green, peaceful, quiet (except for nature noises that is) haven and yet the town is plenty close enough - it felt like two worlds around the corner from each other.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Do Alam shanti have in room safes and lockable rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 06:18