We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
383 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

I am trying to work out some plans for day trips from Ubud and am considering a trip which includes the treetops adventure park. My concern is that our youngest is only 3 and from the website it seems you need to be at least 4 to do even the easiest route. My boys (6 & 9) would love it as would their dad. Is there anything to do at the park if you are not able to do the circuits? Also do you have to pay if you don't do the circuits. How long would it take to enjoy some time there as although I would be happy to entertain my 3 year old whilst the others are climbing, I'm sure I'd get a bit edgy and bored if it takes hours. What other things could we include on a day trip to Ubud including Treetops keeping in mind we need to keep the kids happy?

perth
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

its almost as fun watching as it is doing it. free to watch

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,560 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

3 year old too young...

Yes it is fun to watch, as I did....but the little one might be cranky cos he/she can't join in.

It is part of botanical gardens.You could take food and picnic.

Or you could get the driver to take you up the road to the Strawberry stop by the lake and buy the little one a strawberry pancake or milkshake etc. Pretty gardens there too.

The full circut takes 2 1/2 hours but your younger children would not be able to do that as some of it is tough, so it would probably only take them 2 hours at the most, probably much less..

Perhaps you could all then watch whilst your husband finished.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

as said above your youger one is just too young for the course I think the other two would love it . you could watch a little with the young one then mabe take him down to the lake or go for a wonder around the gardens . There is also so markets that you could wonder round and when your hubby and others could call u or your driver to let u know they have finished and then maybe have lunch and then go take a trip out on the lake .

Melbourne
Level Contributor
383 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

Thank you all for your recommendations, the idea of strawberry pancakes sounds like a great suggestion for both of us.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

takes a few hours but even your other kids would be age restricted. the highest levels are very difficult. the botantic gardens are worth a wander around, have a picnic there, there is a great bakery just down the the hill on the left from the candikunning markets, in the markets strawberries are cheap, down the hill further is lake bratan - temple and you could hire a canoe and paddle around the lake. if you go on thje weekend you may find the gardens packed with local indos which is a lot of fun.

6. Re: Treetops in Bedugal - is it worth a trip for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 08:18