We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
226 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Just returned from another amazing visit to Ubud, staying at one of Tegal Sari's private villas (Villa Sesapi - which had a private pool, kitchen, huge bathroom and living area). Enjoyed everything about our holiday. This year we were determined to see more of Bali and took a tour to Goa Gajah temple, Gunung Kawi Temple and Tampak Sirung & Tinta Empul Temple. Beside the many, many steps which gave my heart a REAL work out - these were amazing! Also visited Batubulan to see the stone-carvers at work - these people are truly gifted. Their work is incredible and so detailed. Also saw the wood-carvers in Mas - hubbie bought me a beautiful crocodile wood mermaid (I'm mermaid mad) and also visited Celuk famous for silver and gold smithing.

Ate some amazing food at Cafe Wayan, Kafe Batan Waru, L'Nuriani, Three Monkeys, The Bridges, Warung Semesta, The Pond. Had some very relaxing treatments at Venezia Spa and hubbie and kids had treatmetns at Pertenin (the spa that belongs to Tegal Sari).

Also' found out about 'Books for Bali Project' via Anita at the Ganesha Bookshop. You can buy books for the local schools - we encouraged our children to choose a couple of books each and they get to write inside the books their names so the bali kids know who has donated them. My son chose the newest school - that doesn't have many books in their library and my daughter chose the school for children with special needs. This is a great idea - I would encourage anyone that visits Ubud to see Anita at the bookshop and donate books for the bali kids. Also you can donate english books (ones with lots of pictures and a few words) for the kids as

well.

While at Tegal Sari we booked for our holiday next August - so we wouldn't miss out on the villa and I booked for my 'Mum's week alone' holiday in May.

We left Ubud on Friday and stayed 2 nights down in Kuta so that the kids could do Waterbom Park - they had a ball. Didn't enjoy our stay in Kuta - too loud, too 'aussie' and sellers too agressive. Next year we will just be staying at Tegal Sari and taking a car down for the day.

As usually the week went by so quickly - have already been back a week today - keep checking the weather in Ubud on my phone! Wish I was still there!!!!

Bali Sun Tours
Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours
Mr. Bedu's Tours
Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bali Purana
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bali English Driver
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Thanks, for sharing it sounds like your family had a lovely time. The book project sounds great. We love Ubud too.

I know that feeling when the time there just flies by. Each time we go, I feel the need to stay for longer and longer.

I check the weather in Denpasar daily too.

Cheers!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Sounds like a great trip!! :D Thanks for sharing!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

good trip! ubud is a nice place with many different things to do

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Sounds like you had a great holiday and top marks for supports the local school book program.

Could you please give more info about your wooden mermaid...which wood carver and price. I would love to purchase one too. If you have a photo it would be really appreciated if you could message it to me.

Many thanks for a lovely JBR.

Cheers Caro

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Lovey JBR, I too would like to spend longer at Ubud and really explore all around it. Your villa sounds lovely, we stayed next door at Greenfields on our first stay in Ubud and it wasgreat too.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

We looked at that villa when it was first built talk about 'the WOW factor'!! Lucky you:)

Sounds like you had a great holiday, thanks for sharing.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
226 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Hi Carofire

Another mermaid fan!!

Will take a picture of it tonight and upload (if I can work out how to do it). Found the invoice so will add the address and price too.

Glad you enjoyed the JBR.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Great JBR

Cheers Mac

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Thanks that would be great.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR - Family Holiday in Ubud

Thanks for posting adia - I'll be staying in Ubud during first visit in October (at Alam Shanti). I was going to visit some of the places you mentioned but now that I've broken my ankle (8 weeks to departure) I don't think I'll be managing those steps!!

I love that you get a Mum's week in Bali - enjoy:)