We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tegal Sari rooms?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tegal Sari rooms?

Hello and thanks for all of the info from this forum that I'm currently digesting.

I'm perhaps interested to stay at TS and observe on their website that they offer 21 rooms. However, upon contacting them I'm told that "super deluxe rooms" 28, 30 and 32 exist as well.

Are these above the new villas that I've been reading about?

How are these rooms located and what about the views?

Thanks. Much appreciate any advice

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

'Above' the new villas???

Not sure what you mean by that..

The newer super deluxe rooms were completed in the last few months. They were being built when we were there in June.

For quite some time now I've always known TS to have 24 rooms. The newer super deluxe rooms have the same aspect looking over the ricefields as most of the others.

Good luck trying to get a room. In November I couldn't get a room for May without having to swap rooms mid-stay.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

I stayed there in December . I think these rooms are at the other end of the property just before you get to monkey forest road . If they are the rooms you mentioned they lack the charm of Tegal Sari , They are concrete they have views over a wall of the rice fields , but to me not as good as other rooms they have on offer .

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,758 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

I agree....very modern looking and not the charm of older TS.

I also agree that it may be difficult getting in.

But then the charm of TS is aging....and I am thinking you now have a choice, cheaper rooms...or more expensive "new" rooms.

No breakfast these days either.

Elizabeth Town
Level Contributor
149 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

Hi, I am in room 30 now and posting this reply from my balcony overlooking the rice fields. Don,t know what they are referring to when they say you look over the concrete wall. It is at the rear of this building and thus stops none of the view. Rooms 32 and 30 are the newer super deluxe wooden. They are not concrete walls asThe whole room is covered with real wood, and though newish they have similar charm to the older teal sari rooms. The bathrooms are also nicer, two person bath, excellent large shower and all in good condition. The views from the older super deluxe are slightly, but only slightly better. This is our third visit to TS and we are very happy with the newer rooms!

Elizabeth Town
Level Contributor
149 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

Hi, forgot to add that theses new rooms are not above the newer villas. Thenew villas are separate buildings on the path to monkey forest road. The new villas are a completely different design to the rest of TS rooms and are much more expensive.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

Thanks for the help.

With regards to the "new villas": those with the private pool-aren't they newer and unmentioned on the website?

A wall between you and the rice fields view may not be ideal I suppose. Are these rooms quite a hike from the pool,restaurant, reception etc?

Any other suggestions with similar ambience and location?

Cheers guys

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

Thanks dbfun48. I was writing as you posted.

Are the views in rm # 28, 30 and 32 all similar? :-)

Elizabeth Town
Level Contributor
149 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

Yep these are the new rooms. They are exactly the same as the old super deluxe rooms, do not confuse with the new villas. I think room 28 has the better view but we are more than happy with room 30 view. All 3 are close to pool as they about the mid point of the hotel property. You do not hear any noise from the pool.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

Thanks for the advice. Continue to enjoy your trip!

australia
Level Contributor
554 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tegal Sari rooms?

I recently stayed in room 29 which was a super deluxe - new room ground floor looked directly over the rice paddies and was FANTASTIC!!! My daughter and I loved our room and could have stayed in it all day and night.....it is near the end of the property near the villas but its not far to walk and you can easily walk out that end onto Monkey Forest Road - very near to Venizia Spa (excellent) and the restaurant that is part of Tegal Sari (in fact that restaurant services the end rooms for room service....It was very nice.

We had also stayed in a superior room for our first two nights and that was ok too but the new super deluxe room for only about $65.00 was superb!!! It may not have h ad charm as some have said but it was luxury in my opinion and beds soooooooo comfortable and bathroom was beautiful!!! The view was the best part and a huge verandah with comfy chairs....I could go on and on and on!!!!