We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with family accomm choice please?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
361 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Help with family accomm choice please?

Hi, once again I am hoping the wonderful people of TA can advise me. I am finding it quite tricky to get somewhere to stay in Ubud with my hubby and 3 kids in our budget in June for 2 nights. I was really keen to stay in Cendrawasih suite in Alam Indah but they have now booked it (I was too slow). My choices are now Sri Ratih - a duplex 2 bedroom for $160 per night; Bali Spirit - a river villa $130 or Nefarti Villas - a 2 bedroom here is $275 so we would need to share a one bedroom with 3 extra beds for $160ish (squashy?). I am also waiting for greenfields to get back to me but i think they may have Bale Semampai available with 3 extra beds in one room for $197 (also squashy)

We were really only wanting to spend $150 per night but could streech to $200. Can anyone please offer advice in terms of best suited for 11,8 and 2 year old and location etc?

Thanks so much :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

does it need to be ubud? because febris in tuban near airport is a great family resort just look up the reviews and you will see for your self you can get family rooms hotel very clean friendly staff great spa and massage and great buffet breakfast that the kids love and free transfer to airport from hotel but u have to get your own taxi to hotel

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

Hi,

We stayed in Nefatari Exclusive Villas, 2 bedroom villa named Sandat.

On their website the rate is USD 188 per night, all in, valid until April 2012

You speak about USD 275...? Can't imagine they increased their prices that much for June...

I know you will need an extra bed, and there is enough space in the bedroom to put a third bed, I don't know the rate for this extra bed, but it will not be that much.

Nefatari offers a lot of benefits, like free airport transfert, free shuttle to Ubud, free soft drinks, free afternoon tea with sweet cakes, you should consider that also, as an airport transfert from Ubud costs also normally around USD 25/30....

Melbourne
Level Contributor
361 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

Thanks nicoff- yes we were hoping for Ubud as we are staying 8 nights before in Legian.

Thanks Brakel, yes you are right now I am wondering who I am emailing! Can I ask you you booked with please? I am emailing Andika at reservation@indo.com and wonder if this is a legitimate email as they have quoted me $275 per night!!! I have asked for clarification now. thankyou :)

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

Hopefully Nefatari works out for you as they are very popular.

Sri Bungalows has had a lot of attention lately for their family rooms..

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297701-d165…

Look at the review by sujejo, currently second down. I'm sure she would be happy to answer your questions if you sent her a pm as she was on here a lot raving about the place :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

I was about to say Sri Bungalows too Tannalee. I am going to check them out in June when we stay at Waka Di Ume.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

That's funny Lizzy, sujejo raved on about the place so much, I'm going to check them out in July :)

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

Hi again,

The direct website of Nefatari is: www.nefatari-bali.com and their emailaddress: stay@nefatari-bali.com

www.indo.com is an agent, not the direct website.

Hope this helps you, we really enjoyed being there.

There are various types of 2 bedroom villas there. We stayed in Sandat, these we two adjoining bedrooms on the ground floor.

I know there is also another one have two different levels, but this is not very suitable for your youngest child, because of the stairs. So, I suggest you to ask for the Sandat villa.

Hope this helps you,

Sylvia

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

If you end up stuck...have a look at narasoma guesthouse.You could get a triple for you and the youngest and a double for the 2 eldest kids.There are only 3 rooms upstairs and a HUGE balcony for the 3 rooms.

.The pool area is great and there is a fridge on the balcony.Triple is about $45 and double $40 in a great location

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

sri bungalows is in a good central position and good value for money. I have stayed at bali spirit, was ok but not the best location and very steep getting around, was not overly impressed by either of the rooms we had booked. not much walking distance from there. send honeymoon guesthouse an e mail and see what they have available.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with family accomm choice please?

Hi we are staying at Alam Shanti in March, but when I was searching the area on google after I booked, I came across this villa accommodation.

You would have to do some more research, the reviews on here are more positive than negative, but it doesn't seem as popular as many others on the forum.

They have a family room that was within your budget after the conversion from Euro. Might be something you can look at.

Hope this helps.

Lee

http://www.villasonia.nl/

http://www.villasonia.nl/famluxesonia.html

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294226-d503…