We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Polegate, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

Dear All

I am now in a dilemma, wanted to stay at Tegal sari but I didn't hear from them so presumed that all the rooms were booked so I booked into Greenfields, have now had an e mail from Tegal sari to say they do have a super deluxe room free so now don't know what to do

So @ Tegal Sari - Super deluxe room

@ Greenfields Bale Adat room overlooking ricefield

I understand that the hotels are close to each other so if anyone can help please do.

Many thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

I have stayed at both places and really think Greenfiields rooms are nicer with the marble floors and large balconies. The pool is also nicer. I'm staying there again myself in 1 week and got the Semampai for the same price as Adat:) The properties are right next to each other.

Polegate, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

Hi there

I think I will stay with Greenfields, how did you manage to get un upgrade, not too bothered as we are only there for 2 nights.

Many thanks for your input x

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,452 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

I'd also opt for Greenfield - remember the airport pick up and breakfast!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

I stayed in a downstrairs Bale Adat room at Greenfields last September. Beautiful large room overlooking the ricefields. We had four of us in the one room and still huge amount of space. Beautiful terrace to have breakfast on with day bed. Would love to go back there. Have not stayed at Tegal Sari, so cannot comment on it, only to say it was directly next door to Greenfields.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
436 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

We have only stayed at Tegal and it was great. They do take a while to reply to inquiries, but don't let that put you off!

Have a good trip!

Cheers

Paul

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

brown5, we stayed in a Semempai room in June 2010 for 2 nights and also got it for the same price as the Adat. I asked for an Adat room but they were not available so they offered the Semempai at the same price.

I went and had a look at an Adat room when we were there and I actually liked it better, it seemed to have more comfortable furniture and more character and had a canopy over the bed which I liked better too. I think you will be happy with the Adat room.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

Both hotels are now a little drive way or gang off the main road and are literally next to each other.

We stayed at Greenfields last week for 3 nights in the rooms next to the pool (Sukat??) These rooms have a Balinese charm, good A/C, no TV (a plus for us) and beautiful rice paddy views.

We were very happy.

Oh and by the by along the driveway/gang is Delicious Onion who do free Tapas btwn 5-7pm (If you buy 2 drinks) It was a lovely chilled place to hang out, no matter if your at Tegal or Greenfields.

Have fun

Le

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

Thanks for that Le M, you reminded me that Delicious Onion is now in Ubud. It is one of my favourite restaurants in Bali and Mark the owner is lovely. We met him when we had my husband's birthday at the Seminyak restaurant and he shouted us drinks and had the staff sing happy birthday.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

I also mailed both for a room. Is it normal from Greenfield they want you to give creditcard details over email? I never do that so i think i cannot book there....? Or is there a booking site where you can reservate this hotel for the high season?

Polegate, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tegal Sari or Greenfields for wedding anniversary iSeptember

Hi there

I think it is normal to give your credit cards as guarantee that you will turn up. I have booked 6 hotels for our stay in september and all have required details and some have asked for a deposit, which I have gladly given. I know that Tegal Sari actually take your money but Greenfield only want it as a security that you will turn up. After correspondence with both I would happily go with

Greenfield as they hav been really helpful. Please don't worry this is common practice in Bali in my opinion. If you pay with your credit card you also have security with them.

Good luck