We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine prices

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
723 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Wine prices

Hi

Can anyone give me an approximate price in Australian dollars for a bottle of wine from say a mini mart in Ubud , also cost if a bottle of wine in a midrange restaurant in Ubud also

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine prices

Your looking at around 25.00,a bottle or more depending on the brand in a supermarket.

Prices per glass in a restaurant can range between 9.00-15.00.

If it is Chardonay you drink try the Two Islands.

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine prices

Bintang Supermarket in Ubud had a reasonable range of aussie wines when we shopped there (twice) last year. From memory, prices ranged from about $32 for a Jacobs Creek, to around $45 for a Wyndham Estate.

Local White, Hatton Aga White could be bought for $14.

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
723 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine prices

Thanks to both posters

Is Hatton Aga White drinkable ? Do thy make a red ?

Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine prices

Even the aussie ones they stock are not that great and expensive for what they are. Does anyone know how many bottles you are allowed to take over? That way at least we can take some nice reds

Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine prices

How many bottles are you allowed to take into Bali. At least that way you can take nice ones. The ones there are not only expensive but pretty crappy, especially ubud the have sat her for a while

Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine prices

How many bottles are you allowed to take into Bali. At least that way you can take nice ones. The ones there are not only expensive but pretty crappy, especially ubud the have sat her for a while

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,364 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine prices

Hi Hepsprings. We usually have Singaraja Red when in Bali. It is drinkable and not to bad actually. You can buy it at Bintang Supermarket in Ubud and I think from memory we paid around $20.

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
723 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine prices

Thanks Fame , any sparkling that doesn't break an arm and leg ?..

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
723 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine prices

Yeah good question I'd like to know that too

Probably just the usual litre per person , we usually buy gin not wine

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine prices

there is a one litre limit for alcohol per person over 18 years of age. Please search for other threads on this issue.

I take a 750ml bottle of Sav Blanc + one of those little 200ml piccolo bottles of bubbles. I don't drink spirits.

When in Bali, I buy the Hattons Aga White (in the bottles, the casks are not very nice). I get it from the supermarket and it's OK to drink as long as it's very cold. Check if you order it at a restaurant, as they often put a warm bottle in an ice bucket and the wine is terrible! Tell them not to open the bottle before it comes to the table, and feel it, making sure it is actually chilled!

Yes, they make a red, hubby has tried it, said it's not so nice - as a red drinker, he prefers to drink the Aga white rather than the red.