We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation for solo traveller

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation for solo traveller

Hi there

I will be travelling to Ubud around 14th or 15th August. Can anyone recommend a place to stay for a female solo traveler. Also, is there much to do to keep me occupid for a week.

i heard about yoga classes and maybe a jewellery designing course

New Zealand
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

I'm a solo traveller in Ubud currently, and there's plenty of places to stay and things to do.

Personally, Tegal Sari would be my first recommendation, however bookings are usually made months in advance due to its popularity.

I stayed in Inata Hotel this week, and I can't fault its location, staff and cleanliness.

As for things to do... I went biking through the villages and rice paddies... Amazing!

There's so much to do... You'll love it!

Edited: 26 July 2012, 02:01
New Zealand
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

I'm a solo traveller in Ubud currently, and there's plenty of places to stay and things to do.

Personally, Tegal Sari would be my first recommendation, however bookings are usually made months in advance due to its popularity.

I stayed in Inata Hotel this week, and I can't fault its location, staff and cleanliness.

As for things to do... I went biking through the villages and rice paddies... Amazing!

There's so much to do... You'll love it!

Edited: 26 July 2012, 02:01
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

depends on your budget. i liked kajeng bungalows. cheap, pool, near rice field walks, quiet, short walk to ubud markets, shops etc.

lots to do in and around ubud.

i prefer walking a lot but last time i did a wood carving course. hard work but rewarding.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

I travel to Bali solo regularly. My last three visits to Ubud I have stayed at Wahyu Bungalows for around AUD$30 a night (most recently in May this year).

I have looked at and stayed at a few other places...but always end up back at Wahyu!

Basic, cheap & cheerful...excellent location!! Not 5 star...or even 3 star...but I love it! Did I mention the location?? Can't beat it! Lots of live music at night in bars & restaurants that are an easy safe walk from the hotel (which is located behind the soccer field across from Monkey Forest Rd).

Heading back there end of August...can't keep away! I have written a review on TA.

If you are after something more up-market "Cendana" is close (so also in a fab location). Had a friend stay there solo and loved it....I have also visited there and loved their rooms, but they were booked out at the time of my visit so didn't "stay".

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,823 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

If you can't get into Tegal Sari, Greenfield is just next door and is equally good. Same rice field views, similar price range to TS, and you get breakfast! Although there are restaurants in the immediate area, if you want to be more centrally located then I agree that Cendana is a good choice. There are three room classes, and all of them aren't bad actually, but if your budget will stretch then the deluxe rooms are nice. Two very good sized swimming pools too for such a small hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

I am not trying to hijack this thread, but time has come for me to spread my wings beyond Sanur (which I love).

Like OP, I am also a solo traveller and would think Ubud would be the next place to spend a week or so to explore the cultural centre of Bali.

My budget for accommodation is between AUD 300 to 400 per night including taxes. In the twilight of my years now, I have arthritis of my hips (legacy of a misspent youth) and cannot do a lot of walking and certainly no climbing up stairs/terraces. Loved my food and ....ahem ....drinks..LOL.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,823 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

I'm intrigued by this misspent youth, but I'm imagining that you were perhaps a disco champion in the 70s.

Quite a generous budget really, and if you're looking for central to minimise walking distance to things, I'd be looking at the Komaneka at Monkey Forest.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

HNB.....I was with the flower power of the 60's.......over indulged in all the good things in life when every thing was for FREE......:o)

I did ask Toya Wayan (my driver & guide) when I was last in Bali and he suggested the Royal Piha Maha. Looks great in pictures but it seems the whole resort is built on many levels and it would put a lot of stress on my hips with all the climbing to access the different levels.

What say you ?

Edited: 27 July 2012, 07:57
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,823 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

Peace and lentils for all.

Bit too far out for my taste personally, so you'd have to get a shuttle into the centre of Ubud, but it depends whether you want the stunning surroundings or everything on your doorstep.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation for solo traveller

Thanks HNB.....

Best if I check both places out over Christmas/New Year. I am booked for 15 glorious days at the Emerald Villas in Sanur. Will be joining cempaka and his croonies on their well known "fun runs" when I am there.