We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

Sydney, New South...
5 posts
Save Topic
Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

Hi

My husband and I are planning to stay 7 nights in or around Ubud. We are looking for something peaceful and quiet, away from busy streets and noisy tourists. We'll need lots of massages, ideally some yoga and good food. All this for a 'reasonable' price, up to about $150 per night.

Any recommendations??

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Laughing Buddha Bali Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Oka Ubud Driver
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Bali Trekking And Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours
Bali Excursion Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Private Tours
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

Hi Trudy - Have a look at trhe Puri Sunia . we are staying there in a couple of weeks. Have had very good reports of it from friends and it does look lovely. It is about 10 mins. out of Ubud and has an hourly shuttle into the centre.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Antarctica
Level Contributor
472 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

We loved our stay at Nefatari Exclusive Villas. It is very private, just outside the Ubud center. They provide free transport on demand to the center. If you stay a week they give you a free massage and romantic dinner in your own private villa. Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor. We are currently in Lombok and will be returning to Nefatari for another week soon.

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

We just stayed in Waka Di Ume and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. It was quiet, the food was good, the massages were lovely and the shuttle was all day long if you wanted to go into town. We had a romantic dinner in the bale included and they organised a bike tour which was wonderful.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
518 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

I can "second" Nefetari Villas. We were there in July. The villas have private pools, just wonderful. Highly recommended.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

Alam shanti or alam Indah are other options. They are on a quite lane that has several yoga and meditation options nearby to walk to. Alam shanti has a massage spa set up as well. They are part of the same group. Both very peaceful and quite. Indah looks out onto jungle and ravine whilst shanti has a garden setting. They are just south of the monkey forest.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,180 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

I'm with Susie1611 on my choice for you. One of the alam hotels will fit the bill perfectly. There's a choice of three in the same area ~ Jiwa, Indah and Shanti, also they have wonderful restaurant close by which also supplies the in-room meals;

http://www.alamindahbali.com/

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,345 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

Semara Villas, in the paddy fields but just a short walk into town.

Goolwa, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

Definitely the Samara Villas in Jalan Kajeng, it is a 10 minute walk into Ubud but the property only has 6 Villas and set in the middle of the rice paddies, just so tranquil and peaceful. This property also has a lovely pool, great restaurant and massages available, we spent 6 nights there in May and are returning in December. Although we have stayed at Alam Shanti and Alam Jiwa, which are also really lovely properties, The Samara Villas are a stand-out and will give you so many beautiful memories of your trip to Ubud, check out the ratings on Trip Advisor, this is at the top of the list and under you budget. Good Luck, Sam

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

I can highly recommend Puri Sunia - we stayed there in March and it was fantastic. Twice daily yoga included in the tariff, beautiful gardens, guided village and rice fields treks and jogging and the best Balinese food I have eaten. Brilliant!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet Peaceful Accommodation Recommendations near or in Ubud

AussieRetiree, have booked a 7 night stay at Puri Sunia for April 2013. Very interested to hear of your experience when you return :)

Hope you have a great trip.