We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favourite ...?

Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favourite ...?

I will be in Ubud next week (sooo looking forward to it) and would love to hear what other people's favourites are:

Here's the quiz for all you Ubud-ites (people who love Ubud):

What's your favourite restaurant?

What's your favourite thing to do in Ubud?

Where is the best coffee?

What's the one thing you have bought in Ubud that you are soooo glad you did?

And, what is the most unexpectedly wonderful thing that you've ever experienced in Ubud?

South Coast
Level Contributor
255 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favourite ...?

Fav restaurant - Pundi Pundi

Fav thing to do - Camphuan Ridge Walk or just sit down by the river.

Best coffee - sorry don't drink coffee but Cafe Seniman is always busy.

Best buy - a months supply of dog food for BARC and other bits & pieces, just knowing it is going to a worthy cause in desperate need.

Best Experience- teaching at SD No.1 Ubud.

Hepburn Springs...
Level Contributor
729 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favourite ...?

Fav Restaurant, Bridges for modern, Cafe Wayan for Traditional

Best buy, vanilla from market

Best experience, Paon Cooking Class

Best coffee, served in our villa Royal Kamuela

Fav thing to do, walking through rice padis, having cream hair baths

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favourite ...?

1. Bridges

2. Walk, especially through the rice fields

3. Tutmak on Dewi Sitar

4. Dress for work (I love it)

5. Early morning in the Monkey Forest at the back. We called it monkey daycare. All the babies seemed to come here and we watched them for ages.

Level Contributor
443 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favourite ...?

1. My favourite restaurant is Gula Bali on Jl Hanoman just past the turn to monkey forest road.

2. Favourite thing to Do would just be walking along the streets stopping to have a chat with the local store owners.

3. Best coffee I had was a Cappucino at Three Monkeys Cafe on Mf Road.

4. Best thing I've bought was a gold carved timber sign on a stand that says IloveUBUD. The love is a heart. It was from a little store on monkey forest road on the left just as you enter from jl pengosekan (road into ubud). It sits on my kitchen window sill and i look at it all the time! It reminds me of my most favourite place in the world!

5. The most unexpectedly wonderful thing i experienced was rescuing an injured puppy and taking her to the Barc Shelter. We ended up sponsoring her, this paid for her life saving surgery and continues to feed her and anything else she needs until she is adopted. I can't wait to go back next year and see how much she has grown and blossomed!

I hope you love Ubud as much as we all do :)

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favourite ...?

Being an animal lover it would have to be visiting BARC the Bali dogs Adoption & Rehabilitation Centre....but you may need earphones as the joyful barking can be very loud indeed. They need all the support they can get so dig deep.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favourite ...?

Great thread.I will try the Camphuan Ridge Walk when we are back in March & sneek down to the Monkey Forrest in the early morning.

I enjoyed everywhere that we ate & loved the Paon Cooking class.

Cheers Mac

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's your favourite ...?

1) Cafe Wayan

2) Walking in the rice fields during the day and looking for fireflies at night (shopping/eating/laughing)

3) First Bali coffee of the morning wherever I'm staying

4) An intricate silver wrist cuff that has not left my wrist for years

5) The most wonderful thing that ever happened in Ubud? wow that's a hard one. Last trip I had fireflies crawl on me, I got lost when I tried to walk the Camphuan Ridge walk and I spent hour upon hour looking around soaking up the beauty. Those three things had a profound effect on my life, I think the most wonderful things come from within, somehow in Ubud I see myself and the world with different eyes.

You just need to really look and let yourself soak up the magic that dots and fringes the chaos of Ubud.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's your favourite ...?

1. Ibu Rai - great fresh food ... and Three Monkeys Cafe -tables at the back oversee rice paddy field(both are on Monkey Forest Rd)

2. Walk from Ubud to Sari Organic Cafe - great walk through rice paddy fields and great food/juices.

3. Best coffee - Casa Luna on Main Rd and Bar Luna on Gootama St

4. Decorative carved stone candle holder.

5. The generosity and kindness shown by locals when they saw me walking with a limp. Sore muscles from too much hiking! They offered me lifts on their scooter and then would not accept any payment. This happened more than once and even though they do not have much, they would not accept payment, as they had offered the lift and were doing a "kind act". Beautiful people!

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's your favourite ...?

Where is Cafe Wayan? Is was mentioned twice so will want to check it out. Any good warungs around there as well?

Edited: 04 November 2012, 00:37
10. Re: What's your favourite ...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 20:05
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor