We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

Hello all!

I will be visiting Ubud in less than a week with my partner and we're both really excited to get out of the city here (New York), we are both outdoors people at heart.

Can anyone recommend any long/moderate hikes or scenic walks around the area?

I've looked into the Campuhan Ridge Walk and it looks lovely.

However hiking Mount Agung is out of our reach due to time, not fitness.

Are there any other ridge walks? A river walk? Perhaps a waterfall?

(where exactly is Tegenungan Waterfall? TA says its in Ubud but the map shows it to be about 10km to the south)

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

Head to JL Kajeng which is the next street to the right on JL Raya Ubud as you are heading west away from the markets. This is a lovely street in itself, but it turns into ricefields after a while and is really nice to wander along. When the path splits you can either keep going ahead and turn around when you have had enough, or turn left and follow this path back to JL Raya Ubud.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

Waterfalls, see baliblog.com/travel-tips/bali-daily/waterfal…

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

Thank you BrisbanyLizzy for the detailed directions, sounds perfect!

and thank you dutchguy for the comprehensive waterfall list! I have not come across this yet and had a feeling something like it had to exist.

I commend you bot for the valuable input, it is appreciated greatly.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

Two names of places to not miss: Petulu and Tegallalang .

See (amongst others) www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php…

Google these names if you want to know what's there.

By the way, the correct pronunciation of Campuhan is Tjahmpuhahn., if you didn't know.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

There are a zillion places around Ubud to do walks..the downtown area is about 4 streets but the rest of it is smaller roads that lead through regular villages and info rice fields and up to ravines and so forth.

My suggestion is to look at the area around Ubud using google earth so you get an idea of the terrain and vegetation and so forth. Then also get a copy of the Bali Pathfinder Map which outlines great paths for bikes and walking all over the entire island..

If you are interested in walking along the Ayung River (the river that the river rafters use in Ubud) then you can start at several spots basically around Sayan or any of the villages in that area...

And don't feel you have to limit yourself to Ubud...there are wonderful places to walk all over the island...(just not in the southern areas which is too highly populated and non-agricultural and non-forested. )

Have fun!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

If you send me an email address, I could send you a scan of a description of 5 walks from Ubud. I tried to post them here but after a long time of typing, I made an error and all was lost.

My email is vanderveldenton@yahoo.com .

This description can be found in the Periplus Guide to Bali, pages 136-137.

Edited: 06 December 2012, 12:31
EU
Level Contributor
175 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

Hey dutchguy don't post your email on the WWW - usually attracts those scum - spammers

Cheers :)

8. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 December 2012, 08:35
9. Re: Scenic hikes / walks around Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Ubud
Recent Conversations