We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibah Warwick Ubud - river noise ?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belgium
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Ibah Warwick Ubud - river noise ?

Hello,

I am planning to stay at the Warwick Ibah in Ubud.

It seems it is close to the river. Is the roar coming from the river very loud ? Is it disturbing for light sleepers ?

Best regards.

Alain

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibah Warwick Ubud - river noise ?

Hi Alain.

I haven't stayed at the Warwick Ibah, but I've done a walk-through and don't remember hearing the river at all.

I've also stayed at the Hotel Tjampuhan on the other side of the river and couldn't hear it from there either.

It's not a large river but it does have rocks and boulders that chop up the flow and makes some noise but you'd have to be situated on the banks to hear it.

Australia
Level Contributor
616 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibah Warwick Ubud - river noise ?

Alain,

Have you ever heard of "white noise".......the river soft gently sound is dreamy. You will be so mesmerized by Ibah...... that you will have to pinch yourself, that you havent died & gone to heaven. (But......myself, I never travelling with out "gel mould ear plugs".....can use for swimming or sleeping ).....enjoy ;-)

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibah Warwick Ubud - river noise ?

River sounds are the best there are. I stayed in private villas with dogs and roosters and mean insects around (not just crickets). I finally stayed at a villa with a river below and LOVED it. There's nothing nicer.

You'll easily fall aleep with that sound.

I also love to stay at an ocean with waves crashing on rocks below my window.

Always take ear plugs to Bali though.

4. Re: Ibah Warwick Ubud - river noise ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 07:16