We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

st louis, mo
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

I just got back from Bali, can provide pics to those who inquire about the Hyatt in Sanur, Le Meridien in Talan Lot and Hotel Rama in Candidasa (not recommended for more than a 1 day stay). Also have pics of Bali and scuba diving. Any questions about car rental, drivers, dive shops, shopping, food, massage and recommendation on travel, I'll try to answer. :) Bali is definitely a paradise and worth the visit. chick

Ed6
Denver
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

We are leaving for Bali in 3 weeks. 1st couple of night sin Seminyak, 3 nights in Pemuteran (hike, snorkle & dive), 4 nights in Ubud (culture, hike), 4 nights in Gili T(snorkle & dive), 2 nights in Sanur. We have hired Wayam Merta to drive and tours. My wife will also get several massages.

Any info that you can provide would be appreciated

Ed

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

Hey Ed,

What kind of info do you want?

Ed6
Denver
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

We already have lodging, tours and driver setup. More interested in diving, snorkling, food and massage info in the areas we will be visting.

Thanks

Ed

Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

Hi

We are staying at the Hyatt in Sanur very soon and have read some of the posts stating that it is damp and needs renovating, did you find this too. We are staying in a Regency Club room, did you? Have you put any photographs of the Hyatt on the "hotels list", if not do you have photographs of the Hyatt that you could show us?

st louis, mo
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

jackie, my email is moonstargirl26@hotmail.com I can send you the pics of the place. I posted them on the hotel review, my take. In Sanur, the place is great for children. It is musty, but if you stay there, open your closet door, that's where the intake for the ac is. It can't circulate the air in the room when it's closed. If you're going soon, it won't be bad, as Bali is entering the dry season now. If you go scuba diving or snorkeling use ENA DIVING, it's in Sanur. I can't remember the name of the italian restaurant in Sanur, but make sure you visit it. It's fancy and the food is so yummy... i have the pics. I forgot to take names of all the places I ate at. But you can't miss it when you're in Sanur. Trust me.

st louis, mo
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

ED,

Massage I would highly recommend in Sanur, go to this place on the same street as Hardy's (a supermarket) and the Hyatt, I cannot for the life of me remember the name, starts with an O.... it's a pink peachy building. Anyhoo, they charge only about 150k rupiah ($15 american) for a massage for you and your spouse for 1 1/2 hours! You get scrubbed (if you wish) and rubbed. Different oil choices, and your type of massage you want. The place is great. Just tell your driver or ask a local about the place. Everyone in Sanur knows where everything is. Just describe what you want or need, someone will tell you where it is. Just the thing is, be careful. Usually, they are trying to bring you to their family's store or friends. Just play cool, look at the item and then walk away. They'll chase you to bargain and even if you walk away, don't buy it, some other storefront merchant will probably have it and cheaper. Sanur has a lot of stores for tourists. Dive Shop, go for Ena Dive. Trust me. They have a site online too. We went there in 2005, for my boyfriend and me, uncertified, we got the scuba gear, two 1 hour dives, lunch provided and a rental camera (ask for it... TRUST ME, that thing goes quick and they only have one) for water shots, and pick up from our hotel for about $240.00 American. I HIGHLY recommend you pay in rupiah. Everything is cheaper if you pay them in rupiah. You'll save a lot of money that way. I have dive pics from 2005. We were just there left on the 9th of May 2006. My boyfriend went again, and said the prices haven't changed. I didn't go, but he said he paid equivalent to $160-180 for himself. The whole gear thing, the 2 dives and a camera. They also offer snorkeling. They'll take you to two dive spots. The first one is a choppy place, but that has all the fish, the second is calm and the water is so blue and clear. You're 14 feet above on the boat, the water is so clear that it looks like you could just touch the bottom. Strong currents though. The guides are great. If your certified, they'll take you to better spots and it'll be cheaper too. They will also certify people. When I was a Candidasa, next to Hotel Rama, was this dive place, they tried to charge the equivalent of $400 + to certify and take you on only a 1 hour dive. No joke! So if you dive, I really recommend Ena. Very very nice people. Even though I didn't go this year, they remembered me as when my boyfriend went. *I got horribly seasick* Very good people. Email me, moonstargirl26@hotmail.com or iraqidirtchick@yahoo.com if you check out my 360 page, i have pics. :)

st louis, mo
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

Advice to all on the following places & just info:

The Bali Hyatt has the most fantastic massage ever. But the price will kill ya compared to the fact that down the road, is a massage place that will do the same exact massage but different fragrances (Hyatt beats them out on that expecially with the coconut scrub) for about $85 American LESS! I will try to remember the name of the place. I'm going to have to find my reciepts. Forgive me?

Never, ever, ever go to the Salon or spa at Le Meridia at Talan Lot. You will get ripped off and get the professional skills equivalent to that of a 5 year old girl painting your nails for the pedicure and manicure. I got JIPPED and had to go to a manager to get refunded. Horrible and the cut too. Whatever you do, do not let Randolph (he's sweet, talks like a girl but looks 40) work on you. Trust me, trust me trust me!

Never order room service at Le Meridia. For the love of goodness, eat elsewhere! Their prices are OUTRAGEOUS! Food is fantastic though. Their little room sandals are fantastic. Feels so good on the feet.

Cheap villas that are awesome and laundry only cost equivalent to 25 cents is Bali Emerald Villas. Check out their website on line for pics on the villa. *I have some if anyone is interested. LOVED IT!

Always pay in rupiah!

Laundry: find a laundress outside of the hotel, pay her good and you should get your stuff very quickly, providing you pick it up. She'll iron too usually.Trust me. The hotels will charge you equivalent to an arm and leg and you won't see it for usually 24 hours unless you pay a larger sum to have it same day.

If in Candidasa, don't stay more than one night or two at Hotel Rama. The beds are brick hard and the service at the restaurant and room service is slow.That pertains to laundry service as well. Another low point, loose mean dogs are running loose outside of complex. BOO! Beautiful place though.

check out my 360 page on yahoo... iraqidirtchick

Delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

hi, can you please send me your snaps of bali hyatt sanur? just send me your e-mail add and i will mail you with mine. Thanks

9. Re: Returned from Bali... Talan Lot, Candidasa & Sanur Knowledge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 17:18