We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

Margaret River WA
2 posts
Save Topic
First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

Hi...I am taking my mum and aunty to Ubud early May. This is their first trip overseas and am keen to blow their socks off. I island hopped round Indo surfing but not seen inland Bali. I've read Ubud its a wonderful place. Any suggestions where to base ourselves ie...comfy budget rooms/villa in a central location in Ubud? I thinking of spending 3 nights up there. Any suggestions of activities and sight seeing eg Monkey Forrest? Markets? Cycling Tour? Which templets to see? Great places to eat? Good Spas? Really appreciate your time and help..... Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

We stayed at Inata Hotel in Monkey Forest Road and it was comfortable and in a great position. Only a 5 minute walk to the Monkey Forest which is best late afternoon once most of the tourist buses have left. I loved the Lobong Cooking Class that I did and would highly recommend giving it a try :-)

ubud
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

i went to visit this hotel yesterday http://www.alayaubud.com/site/home and i think its fabulous. so central, brand new, so beautiful, with great view, so much style, rooms are so nice, modern, yet wonderfully decorated. the spa and restaurant so nice. they recruited the best talent from hospitality industry around the island.

so close to monkey forest too...

next to great yoga place, supermarket, shopping and so so so much good food.

i super recommend it.

this hotel ...will 'knock socks off' ...unless ...you have a budget to do Four Seasons, Semaya Ubud, Kupu Kupu Barong, or Amandari.. then of course thats a no brainer...

Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

We love staying at hotel tjampuhan & spa. It's a little out of town although if you don't mind walking you can walk into town. They provide a free shuttle service and it is a short walk to the bintang supermarket. If you don't mind steps the rooms near the river are very comfortable. Read the reviews and check out the website, it's certainly worth considering.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,823 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

Another vote for the Inata on MF Road, very central just next to Ubud Point Shopping Centre. There is also an Inata on Jl Bisma incidentally. Also very central on MF Road is the Cendana, which has the advantage of having two nice size pools and a rice field setting.

5. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 22:35
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

YOU MUST go to Bridges for an evening meal...get there about 5pm so you can see how beautiful it is. It is across the road from Tjampuhan Hotel mentioned above.

Beji Ubud Resort is a couple of km's out of town on the same road but lovely, it's on the ravigne, magical views especially while eating breakfast.

THE BEST SPA in Bali is just down the road from Beji Ubud Resort. If you walk out of hotel and turn left (heading into town) it's a 50 metres or so down the road on the other side of road, a green sign, down a little alley way. I tell you these women are so experienced.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

I just got back from my first trip to Ubud. We only had 3 nights there but can suggest the Paon Cooking Class and food wise I loved Bridges for something special but The Melting Wok for a cheap lovely meal (this was our favourite meal from the whole Bali trip, just remember to book if you decide to go. I did a bike tour last year and loved it. Will be doing one again this year with my teens. Have a fantastic trip with your mum and aunty.

Level Contributor
75 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

We stayed at the Saren Indah, which was just beautiful & very well priced!!! We also did the chez monique jewellery making course & loved that too. If you are interested, send me an inbox message & I will send you back our photos of the Saren Indah & the jewellery we made.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
1,537 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

Hi,

Being a big foodie I enjoyed these restaurants whilst in Ubud although some are NOT cheap but the food was amazing. My restaurant reviews.

Mozaic - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d106…

Minami - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d153…

Indus - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d118…

For lunch - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d307…

Monkey Forest - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-d378…

cocomoco
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Time to Ubud....Suggestions Welcome

Definitely go on a cycling tour. There are many companies that offer it so you can browse the folders once you are there. The majority of them start at Kintamani with view of Lake Batur from there you go downhill pass Balinese villages and ricefields. You will see a lot in just one day. Other things to see are the ancient temple complexes Goa Gaja, Gunung Kawi (lots of steps so make sure you are fit and not there at 12 o' clock) and tirta Empul. Cooking class is great fun, just as a spa (have a look at http://www.bali-travel-life.com/ubud-spa.html and Botanica Spa is also highly recommended),