We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UBUD with children

sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
UBUD with children

I am planning on spending 3 nights in UBUD with my kids aged 14 and 10. We are looking for some fun adventurous activities to do as a family while we are there. Would love some recommendations on fun things to do? thanks

1. Re: UBUD with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2013, 12:00
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,513 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UBUD with children

The Bird and Reptile Park is pretty cool, you can even have your photo taken with macaws and cockatoos sitting on you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: UBUD with children

I vote for white water rafting and a downhill cycle tour. You'll find plenty recommendations on this forum for both activities.

Have fun!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: UBUD with children

white water rafting , atv with rice field track is good take tandeem with children

Edited: 18 March 2013, 14:18
Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UBUD with children

Hi there!

You could do a biking tour, which will be enjoyable for you and the kids.

If the kids like cooking or are into arts, you could do one of the many cooking or arts classes (there are batik painting classes, ceramic classes, dance classes and so on)

Of course you should visit Monkey Forest and if the kids like animals I would also take them to visit BARC, an Australian charity which rescues dogs and cats in the island. The kids can play with the puppies.

The bird and reptile park will also keep them entertained.

In the evening you can take them to see one of the dance shows (if they are girls they will love it... ).

I would also try to book a hotel with a pool, so they can cool down in the afternoon, after a busy day.

Enjoy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UBUD with children

Be wary of the many dogs roaming the streets. We walked past dozens with no worries but came across an unusually aggressive one on our second day in the center of Ubud. Tried to bite me for no reason and then proceeded to bite my 8-year old son on the leg. It didn't break the skin but it basically ruined the trip for my 8-year old who is now terrified to go anywhere in Ubud.

7. Re: UBUD with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:16