We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kajane

Seattle,Wa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kajane

I will be vacationing in Bali with a group in late September. I have decided to arrive a few days ahead of the group and have booked into Kajane. The villas sound wonderful, but I'm wondering if there are any saftey issues for a woman travelling alone?

Thanks!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kajane

As far as I concern that woman is safe travelling alone in Bali especially Ubud.

Me and my gf seldom going out together finding something in Ubud. No problem.

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kajane

Regarding the safety is no problem, but Kajane is expanding their property, so you'll be having a building project across the river and a not yet finished new lobby and supposed to be the restaurant at the entrance of Kajane.

I don't understand why they don't concentrate in finishing the entrance first then expanding the back site? I was told that it's 2007 project plan and won't be ready even by the end of the year.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kajane

Hi,

Bali is quite safe for SIngle Female Travellers. Of course, the usual "common sense rules" apply - and when in doubt, don't.

You only have to be wary of the Bali Boys/Bali Cowboys, who want to hook with with foreign girls just for fun, but then again, they are mostly found in the south, not in Ubud.

Seattle,Wa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kajane

Thanks all for your input. I really appreciate it! Franci

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kajane

Hi,

Don't worry about the construction work going on. You will hardly notice it. Also, Toya villa is in the centre of Kajane, so you are not anywhere close to the work improvement. And the villa is very private, you have a great view looking out to the paddy field and a very nice pool.

Seattle,Wa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kajane

Thanks for the info! What a great board, I love reading all the posts and learning about where to go, what to eat, where to shop..I can hardly wait for September. Franci

Tokyo
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kajane

That's true, the villa is wonderful, I managed to have a room inspection there. The furniture and bathroom are luxurious, the room is spacious.

But eventually *sorry* I made a decision to stay at the hotel across Kajane.

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kajane

Hi,

I have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Bali, including five nights stay in the fabulous Kajane.

The villas are spectacular, the staff wonderful - the only slight word of warning is that we were disturbed by the building noise. Work began at 7 each morning, presumably because of the heat of the midday sun. No power tools or anything, just the banging of the frames being built and stones being broken for the pathways.

We were swiftly moved from a Beiji villa (overlooking the river) to a Toya villa (more in the middle of the complex) which was quieter, and the staff were about as helpful as humanly possible. The noise did still filter through.

I would definitely recommend a stay at kajane, but just be aware that there will be a bit of noise.

Have a great holiday!

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kajane

Hi,

I have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Bali, including five nights stay in the fabulous Kajane.

The villas are spectacular, the staff wonderful - the only slight word of warning is that we were disturbed by the building noise. Work began at 7 each morning, presumably because of the heat of the midday sun. No power tools or anything, just the banging of the frames being built and stones being broken for the pathways.

We were swiftly moved from a Beiji villa (overlooking the river) to a Toya villa (more in the middle of the complex) which was quieter, and the staff were about as helpful as humanly possible. The noise did still filter through.

I would definitely recommend a stay at kajane, but just be aware that there will be a bit of noise.

Have a great holiday!

British Columbia
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kajane

Thanks for the warning Tokyobabe. Did they give you any partial refund on the villa for having to put up with the noise? I am going in September and from what I am hearing on this forum is that they will not be finished till 2007. I am not sure I want to be woken up at 7am to banging. Not something we want to hear when we are on holidays.