We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

This will be our first trip to Bali, traveling from Austin, Texas. We plan to stay between 12 and 14 nights...late September to early October 2013. We are in our mid 60's and prefer accomodations catering to adults with nightly rate of $150-$200 per night including breakfast.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

Try any of the Alam properties (Alam Shanti, Alam Indah and Alam Jiwa). They are all in a lovely village just on the other side of the monkey forest and only 10 minutes walk to Ubud central. We also liked Waka Di Ume, though this was a little more isolated.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

A perfect solution and very 'doable' is to stay a week in each location.

3. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 21:57
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
979 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

Absolutely agree with KLM24 split your time, but consider Sanur instead of Seminyak.

Seminyak is very busy traffic wise and noisy, do a day trip from Sanur to have a look.

Sanur much quieter with all of the Seminyak advantages, good food, great accommodation and shopping. If staying Seminyak consider Bonsai Villas, 4 1 bed villas with shared pool just behind bintang supermart

Ubud; as Lizzy says the Alam properties are great also consider Green Field and Saren Inda

For Sanur the bigger hotels to consider would be Griya Santrian, north Sanur, The Hyatt central Sanur or Puri Santrian south Sanur or villa accommodation, Emerald villas, Jade Villas, so much to choose from

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
553 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

I agree with Djuma Sanur would be the best place for your second stay not Seminyak.

Ideal place would be Tanjung Sari, right on the Beach in central Sanur.

Only small but has a real Balinese feel and Style.

Was one of the first Hotels in Sanur but has retained all of is charm and has been maintained to a high standard.

Most people forget about this place or think it is too expensive so discount it, but is in your budget.

We are in our 60's and have been coming to bali for 20years and love the lay back Sanur style, where everything is on your doorstep without the hustle and bustle of Kuta/Legian/Seminyak.

Ubud is our other destination of choice.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 04:30
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

Another vote for Sanur rather than Seminyak. You can easily arrange for day trips to other parts of the island from there.

There are loads of all sorts of different types of restaurants in the area, it's easy to get around and if you want to do some serious shopping, you can always take a trip into Kuta or Denpassar.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,605 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

My vote would be for Ubud for half the time and Sanur for the other half. You can use these places as a base to do trips for sightseeing and so forth..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

cendana resort and spa UBUD, My mother and her partner stayed there and they are in their late 50's early 60's and they loved it. I suggested Sanur for their second part of their trip but they actually cose Seminyak and they loved it there also

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

I disagree :) I am not mid 60's but Seminyak is not a young let's get drunk. ravers place, rather it is refined, cultured and interesting. You should also look at Canggu and Batu Belig, they are not like Kuta. I don't dispute Sanur has it's charms, but don't discount Seminyak thinking it is wild and woolley. It is not :)

For 150-200 a night you can find a beautiful hotel or villa close to some of the best restaurants in Bali, great spas for a bit of inexpensive pampering and interesting shopping if you choose. I would also spend 5 nights in Ubud.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,615 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mid 60's couple place to stay in ubud or seminyak

Well, you could follow our example and do Seminyak, Ubud and Sanur, but we know our way around - it might be too much for you being your first trip.

If you stick to just either Sanur/Seminyak and Ubud I would definitely allow more time in Ubud as there are so many places to visit around the island from there. The other two are really just for soaking up the holiday atmosphere and enjoying the facilities. IMO anyway.