We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

Hi All

We'll be taking a day trip to Ubud in August with 2 kids aged 9 & 11. We've been to Ubud once before but only had a brief stop in town on the way through to the rice fields, volcano's etc. This time around I'd like to spend some quality time in town. My family loves to eat (my kids can be a bit fussy) so we'll need a nice restaurant for lunch which does both Balinese and western food. I also love to shop (mainly boutiques, jewellery etc). Can anyone suggest a nice place for lunch and must do shops etc

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
226 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

Can highly recommend Cafe Wayan on Monkey Forest Road - the food is great both Indonesian and western food for kids, the grounds are beautiful lots of lovely places to sit - enjoy :)

Lots of boutiques on Monkey Forest Road and JL Hanomen - depends on what you're after - heaps of shops for jewellry on both.

We are head off to Ubud on Sunday - can't wait !

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

HI melluv2travel

A great restaurant to go to is Cafe Batan Waru on Jl Dewi Sita which is the street that runs between Jl Hanoman and Jl Monkey Forest. The food there is great and they have a menu with both Indonesian and Western food featured.

http://www.batanwaru.com

Cheers

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

I would recommend Three Monkey Café which is towards the lower end of Monkey Forest Rd. They have a variety of different foods including pizza - which may be a hit with the children. I have always eaten Asian food when visiting, but I did notice other people enjoying pizza's.

If go towards the back of the café, the views out to the rice paddy field are lovely.

Have a great trip.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

You can't miss lunch at Bridges

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

I think Indus! Indus has a great menu of both western and indo food. The view here is awesome, and while I enjoyed our lunch at bridges I don't think it's that much better and worth the large price tag!

Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

Another vote for Indus.

7. Re: Help - Foodies with only 1 day in Ubud...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:18