We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows if we wanted to stay in a pool villa or suite at either of the Komaneka properties(mf or bisma) if they would let the four of us stay on existing bedding plus an extra single bed - in the one villa? Our kids are 5 and 7 yrs old. They have king beds and also daybed in those rooms- so I think we would all fit in ok - or we could ask for an extra single bed.

Have other people done this?

Any info appreciated

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Hi Sarah yes they will configurate the bedding to suit your needs they are wonderful.I have done it twice,also take advantage of going to brekkie or afternoon tea at any of the other Komanekas,they will transport you and family and it's a great way to see the other hotels..have fun I am jealous !!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Wow that's great news! Can you tell me what rooms and configuration you have done previously?

Also wondering which one - monkey forest or Bisma is best for kids and best pool for kids? Is Bisma much more wow factor than monkey forest?do you know how ubud village resort and spa compares to the komaneka ?? Thanks for your help

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Hi Sarah, I can help you out with some of your questions- MF is a more intimate resort & located in the centre of Ubud so it is easy to just walk out to the street for eating, shopping etc. there is only one pool (other than the private pool villas) which has a lovely setting looking out to a jungle ravine, not a very large pool.

The Bisma is located out of Ubud centre with a hotel shuttle available. The location is spectacular as it is much larger with open views of rice field, ravine valley, mountains. It has a more modern feel to it. There are actually 2 pools here which may suit you better with the kids. The second pool is a lower section of the main pool & is more private.

I love both Komaneka properties though they are very different to each other, you can't go wrong, have a great holiday!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Thanks birdy that's great info. Can u walk from Bisma to the main st? Or are they're shops near Bisma? My son gets car sick so monkey forest sounds a good position but Bisma pool looks amazing . I guess shuttle only takes 5 mins from Bisma ? Hmmm. Is monkey forest hotel still gorgeous?

It's $600 more for Bisma for 6 nights is it worth it?

Thanks again

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Hi again Sarah, We always stay at monkey forest because of the main street aspect,but also very private and serene when you walk into the driveway.The staff,as in all Komanekas are exceptional.The other plus for monkey forest is it is mostly flat so easy for little ones to negotiate.Great restos and shopping on the doorstep what more could you want,as I said take advantage oif the shuttlwe to other Komanekas and after brekkie stay for a swim,a laze or look around then shuttle back...You can't go wrong.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

We stayed at Sri Bungalows right in middle of town and their deluxe rooms had 2 queen bed's in huge room with huge balcony over looking river nice pool AND they deliver breakfast to room or buffet in restaurant ( your choice). Plenty of space for kids n heaps cheaper than Bisma. I booked it on booking.com. ..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Thanks deb its a good location but the komaneka s look much nicer . also im considering alam shanti yamuna room as that gets good reviews and big room. souch choice in ubud.

Thanks birdy that's great info. Can u walk from Bisma to the main st? Or are they're shops near Bisma? My son gets car sick so monkey forest sounds a good position but Bisma pool looks amazing . I guess shuttle only takes 5 mins from Bisma ? Hmmm. Is monkey forest hotel still gorgeous?

It's $600 more for Bisma for 6 nights is it worth it?

Thanks again

Greater Perth...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

Just back today from Komaneka Bisma I love love that place!!

They will definitely accommodate you and your kids at any Komaneka. Even the Bisma suite which is around $290 a night including breaky, one massage etc. would probably fit you. For me I can't go past the views and relaxation at Bisma. You can easily walk to town but kids would probably not want to walk back. It is a 15 min walk.

The Monkey Forest one definitely an easier location with kids.

Good luck and enjoy! Make sure wherever you stay that you go to Bisma for a spa treatment!

9. Re: komaneka monkey forest or bisma - 4 in pool villa or suite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:18