We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights Ubud/ 3 nights Seminyak to see the Bali highlights?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach, cA
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights Ubud/ 3 nights Seminyak to see the Bali highlights?

Hello! I'm traveling to Bali next week as a solo female American 40 year old. I'd like to see the best of the island with the too little time I have!

I'd like to start with 3 night/4 days in beautiful/safe Ubud and then transition hotels to Seminyak for the last three evenings. I'll be using both locations as jumping off points for day trips.

From Ubud, I'm thinking of spending one or two days just walking around town/surrounding areas (and at night, seeing some shows and eating great food), one day on a bike tour of the area and then the last two days daytripping out of Ubud to possibly Jatiluwih or other recommendations.. insert your ideas here please!

From Seminyak, I'd like to see some beaches and nightlife...spending a day or two walking up and down the beaches (or on bicycle or scooter) to check out Legian, Kuta and Kerobokan. I'd also like to take a day trip to Pur Tanah Lot and another day trip to Sanur or Jimbaran.

Please advise! What should I change? What are your MUST SEE recommendations or favorite memories (don't care much about monkeys and have seen my share of elephants!) I'm very fit and motivated but simply want to immerse myself in the beauty and culture of Bali without feeling like I missed out on something absolutely spectacular (yes, I know.. 6 nights and 7 days is too little time but I'll do my best!!)

Thank you in advance for your advice! I'm so excited to see this beautiful island!

Cheryl

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights Ubud/ 3 nights Seminyak to see the Bali highlights?

Have a look at the Top Questions about Bali on the Bali Forum page (this is the Ubud page) and here you will find a topic on day trips, many of them are, or can be easily be done from Ubud. These were compiled by regulars as our favourite sites to include in day trips.

I think your plan is very good. The only advice I would add is to stop and smell the frangipanis. Don't, because you have so little time, be on the move all the time. Linger over meals, just sit and watch the world go by, especially in Ubud where, if you do this, you will see heaps of little things going on with the locals that you won't if you move too quickly.

Try to have lunch at one of the great restaurants at Tegalallang if you can, overlooking the rice terraces, it's not far from Ubud.

2. Re: 3 nights Ubud/ 3 nights Seminyak to see the Bali highlights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 05:17