We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in ubud and beach side.

lonodn
2 posts
Save Topic
hotels in ubud and beach side.

Hi guys first time travelling to bali and wanna make sure of the right choices. heard Bengawan Giri is the best choice in Ubud. not quiet sure of what to make of the choices by the sea. not interested in the aman resort. Is the tugu worth looking at?

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in ubud and beach side.

Best depends on what you are looking for. I don't like the idea of having a shared private pool, I'd go for a villa instead.

Tugu is on a surfer beach and it's actually not on the beach, they have a public pedestrian which croosing between Tugu and the beach. If you are crazy for antique stuff than Tugu is the best so far.

Other choices by the sea depends on what you are looking for, go to the East Coast or Lembongan Island if you don't care about a touristic place.

lonodn
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in ubud and beach side.

thanx for your reply.

i would rather avoid very touristic places. id rather be a away and then go out at night and stuff. we thought of a villa but not too sure about area and stuff. and dont really want to stay at huge resort kind of hotel. i heard the beaches in bali are not that great, as in its not the greates attraction? is it true? whats the best beaches around...?

Netherlands
Level Contributor
364 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in ubud and beach side.

For privacy and a lot of space in a private villa there are plenty of villa reservation websites and villas in all price categories from 200 Euro to over 1000. Also cheap ones like Parigata Villas Resort in Sanur with private pools , but seems price is not a problem for you. I would think Bali is absolute paradise for people with a wish for a lot of privacy as well as space.

I don't think Bali has any really great beaches. It is not known for world's best beaches. Kuta has a too rough sea, the north is black sand. Nusa Dua has nice beaches but not my cup of tea, much too hot. I was there and forgot to wear slippers and burnt my feet on the hot sand, I was crying out loud for some help (which I quickly got). Shallow sea though, so good for families with children.

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in ubud and beach side.

We have many small nice beaches on Jimbaran area, but you have to walk down the cliff for most of them. Only at Dreamland you could park the car or the bike by the beach, but it's rocky and most are surfer beaches, although Padang-Padang is nice and safe to swim even for children.

People love Bali for its culture and it's peolpe as well as the nature.

5. Re: hotels in ubud and beach side.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 21:16