We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mandi1
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

We are spending 12 nights in Ubud to practice yoga as we do annually, and will be travelling with our 5 year old daughter. We haven't stayed at Tegal Sari, and after reading the amazing reviews want to find out what all the fuss is about! We are able to get into a Super Deluxe room for the 12 nights (lower level). Unfortunately all the wooden rooms are booked. I'm just wondering whether we should stay there for the entire time or break it up with a trip to Alam Jiwa (another place we'd like to try, although it's a little pricey for us). Last time we stayed at Saren Indah which we loved, so that's another option. I'm just a little hesitant to book the whole time at Tegal Sari just incase it's not as good as we are expecting?

Would appreciate anyone's opinion?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
605 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

Have you considered the other Alam properties ?...Indah or Shanti ?

I've stayed at Saren Indah but that was put in the shade by the stay I had at Alam Indah last year , fantastic service + staff .

Whatever you decide I would break your stay up into different properties...good luck.

Sunny Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
68 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

I have only stayed at Tegal Sari but I loved it and will be back there in a couple of weeks

You won't be disappointed!!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

We stayed at Saren Indah in September last year and thoroughly enjoyed it..great service, friendly and attentive.

Couldn't fault our stay.

australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

Tegal sari super deluxe rooms are lovely and great location pool is small though.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

Tegal sari is so peaceful but no longer include breakfast if that's a factor.

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

I would split your time between 2 properties, that way you will have a change of scenery & it makes the trip feel longer. Stayed last Sept with my 2 kids at 2 of the Alam properties - Alam Jiwa & Kebun Indah. We loved both but preferred Alam Jiwa. Kebun Indah is closer to the town centre & less expensive. Our favourite breakfasts from our 25 night trip were at the Alam properties - esp the banana pancakes with fresh grated coconut & palm sugar syrup...yummm!

Cheers, Nelly

7. Re: Tegal Sari for a long stay? - or Alam Jiwa /Saren Indah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:20