We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kajane mua Which Villa?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
141 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kajane mua Which Villa?

We are a couple going to Ubud next spring. Any thoughts on which Villa to stay in at Kajane Mua?

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
London
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kajane mua Which Villa?

I stayed in Loji villa a few years ago, which is right at the back of the complex and close to an exit on to Jalan Bisma. I was in the upstairs part which was huge. The balcony area overlooked the pool and rice fields and was big enough to fit a sofa, dining area and a large fridge. The bedroom was so big that I was glad there was a room boy to turn on all the various lights in the evening. Along the back of the villa was a large dressing area, toilet (with phone in case you need to call reception while you're there), big shower/wet room and at the end of the 'wing' a stone bath surrounded by pebbles (the windows around it opened straight out to rice field views, it felt a bit exposed to me, so I stuck to the shower.)

Technically, Loji is a two bedroom villa and the hotel placed another couple in the lower half for the first couple of days that I was there. It was no biggie as the top half had a separate stairwell and entrance and anyway, we all ended up getting on so well that we ended up doing a few day trips together and when they moved to Beiji villa, which is closer to reception, it gave me a chance to check that out too. The pool at Beiji looks out over the ravine that cuts through the middle of Kajane Mua and I seem to recall it had an indoor and outdoor shower. For their anniversary the couple got the hotel to make one of their special dinners, where the entire pool and garden area was decked out with swathes of coloured cloth, candles and flower petals. It was all very pretty.

Even though it was a bit of a hike to get to reception (and Monkey Forest Rd), I loved the relative isolation of Loji and I also liked being able to come and go via Jl Bisma. But like I say, it's a bit of a hike and involves quite a few steps, so if you've got any mobility issues it would be better to choose something near the front.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kajane mua Which Villa?

I stayed with my partner in the Toya villas in October 2013 and they were amazing. Plenty of space for the both of us with a separate bedroom and lounge inside as well as the outdoor bathroom and patio with table and day bed, where we had breakfast every morning. They are right up the back though, which means plenty of stairs so if you aren't keen for a workout, I would go for one of the other villas

3. Re: Kajane mua Which Villa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17