We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Hello TA folks!

I've really enjoyed reading through The TA threads and I've learned a lot this far. My wife and I are now spending our first night of 16 in Bali in Ubud and would like some advice from folks as there is a lot of possibilities here. We are active late twenty year olds who want to soak in Ubud and get a lot of yoga in before heading to Uluwatu for surfing the rest of the trip.

#1 - Accomodations

The next two nights we are staying at http://alampuisivilla.com for $75 USD a night.

Any other recommendations of this quality of a resort in UBUD area between $40-$75?

We enjoy the new facilities, freshness of the linens and the private pools are an added bonus.

#2 - Must See and Do In Ubud

We are extremely active and would love yoga place recommendations, food recommendations and where to find hand made wood and leather goods by the artisans themselves.

Our hotel offers a shuttle into town so hopefully we could walk to all of these places.

#3 - Massages

Our hotel offers massage for $30-$45 USD , any recommendations for superb quality around $15-$30?

Thank you for your time and help!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

In regards to the massage, my wife was having daily massages in Legian and Ubud, and from what we found $30-45US seems quite excessive, as average cost we were finding was around $10US per hour, with endless choices available.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 10:57
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

I like Kush at the Yoga Barn especially the Kati Basti massage treatment. They have good yoga classes there as well. Good massages for under $10.00 abound in Ubud. I like Zen, Verona, Spa Hati and Sang spas.

London
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

If you're extremely active, why not do some activities that combine exercise and sightseeing, such as a sunrise mountain hike, or a countryside/birdwatching hike, or the Campuhan ridge walk, or a mountain biking tour, or white water rafting, or the Bali Treetop Adventures in Bedugal? You can always try to squeeze some yoga classes in at the end of the day, but if you do them mid-morning or midday, you might find it more difficult to fit in other sightseeing that is best done at particular times.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Thank you everyone!! Anyone have any hotel/bungalow recommendations?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

I can highly recommend the deluxe rooms at Ubd Aura retreat Centre. Right next door to the Yoga Barn. Great breakfast. Private balcony. Plenty if room for two. I have written a review. It should be up soon. You can walk everywhere from here. 24 hr concierge. Very safe. Very well priced. It has a beautiful pool and fantastic Spa treatments. It's next to the Zen Spa too. So you should be able to get a $10 massage anytime. Kush at the Yoga Barn is great too. Reflexology while you watch the squirrels in the trees. Katsi Batsi is out if this world. While your wife may enjoy the Borah treatment at Aura Spa. Have a great time in Ubud. The Bali home of Yoga, wonderful organic food and quality cheap spa treatments

London
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

If you want to be close to the Yoga Barn, try Tegal Sari or Greenfields.

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Garrett, we stay at Saren Indah, it is in Nyuh Kuning, south of the Monkey Forest. A small Balinese owned hotel with 15 rooms. We left on Friday to come home - it was our 10th stay at this hotel. Most of their rooms would be within your budget. Excellent reviews on tripadvisor. BTW, massages in their spa are 120,000! Or you can request the girl/s to come to your room - hubby and I have a massage on our bed at the same time (beds are about 7 feet square).

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Have to love $10 massages. More info, please!

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Condu, basic spas in Bali charge from rp 60,000 for a one hour massage, that's less than $6.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Tony W: Do you remember the names of the names of the places in Ubud where you were getting massage for about $10? I looked at many places including Karsa Spa, Taksu, Honeymoon, etc. They were all way more money. Even the budget friendly Sedona Spa costs more than $10. I am really curious & intrigued.:)