We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Hello TA folks!

I've really enjoyed reading through The TA threads and I've learned a lot this far. My wife and I are now spending our first night of 16 in Bali in Ubud and would like some advice from folks as there is a lot of possibilities here. We are active late twenty year olds who want to soak in Ubud and get a lot of yoga in before heading to Uluwatu for surfing the rest of the trip.

#1 - Accomodations

The next two nights we are staying at http://alampuisivilla.com for $75 USD a night.

Any other recommendations of this quality of a resort in UBUD area between $40-$75?

We enjoy the new facilities, freshness of the linens and the private pools are an added bonus.

#2 - Must See and Do In Ubud

We are extremely active and would love yoga place recommendations, food recommendations and where to find hand made wood and leather goods by the artisans themselves.

Our hotel offers a shuttle into town so hopefully we could walk to all of these places.

#3 - Massages

Our hotel offers massage for $30-$45 USD , any recommendations for superb quality around $15-$30?

Thank you for your time and help!!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

cosmo5438:I looked up Zen, Verona, Spa Hati and Sang spas online. Nearly all of these spas were at least double the $10 mark. Still cheap,though compared to prices in Canada.:)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

http://www.veronaspa.com/massage/

You can easily find massages under $10.00 just walking around Ubud , most of these are not online but spas abound in Ubud. If you want the bells and whistles such as scrubs and flower baths you will pay double.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 22:35
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Most 60min massages are 90.000 idr. I had a 1 1/2 hr massage scrub and flower petal bath at Zen Spa on Monday for 150.000 idr. The fancier the treatment the more expensive. The most expensive spa's I found were Kush at the Yoga Barn (although the Katsi Batsi Ayurvedic massage is worth every cent) and Skin Organic. Go for a walk and pick up the price menus out the front.

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Condu, while you asked the question of Tony, I can give you some answers. Made spa, next to the ARMA museum was rp 60,000 (about $US5) for a 1 hour massage. The spa at Saren Indah hotel is

rp 120,000 ofr a one hour massage. These are the two I use.

Made spa is not fancy, but is OK for the price paid, and we stay at Saren Indah. We had massages at both last week, so are sure of prices.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

cbimages: Thank you for this info. I don't need "fancy." But, I do require therapeutic massages rather than "relaxing" massages as I have dance related injuries to my hips & shoulders. I will look around for the masseuse that will "fit" my needs. I will be needing many massages over my one month stay in Nov/Dec.

B00kGirl I will definitely look at "Kush at the Yoga Barn (although the Katsi Batsi Ayurvedic massage is worth every cent) " I prefer to go to a masseuse with good recommendations. :)

I really appreciate the care of sister posters.:)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

cosmo5438: I will be staying up in the Penestanan area. So, looking around Ubud may or may not work for me. I do understand the concept that if, they are online, they may be more expensive. Thank you for your advice.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Condu, if you are staying in the Penestanan area you have to try Cantika Zest for a massage, facial, scrub or whatever. Ibu Jasi makes all her own spa products, also shampoo and conditioner, from flowers and plants grown in her gardens. It is not cheap, but superior to anything else in the area, and it's in a natural setting.

I'm pretty sure a one hour massage was 160,000 rupiah but the overall experience is well worth it.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,400 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Condu: Perhaps you are only looking at the spas that are online. When you get here you will see lots of small places that are locally Balinese run and can give good massages. I would not bother to book those kinds of things too far in advance..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

Yes Condu

The lady we used in Ubud was situated down a little laneway, operating from her newly built home/business which didn't even have a sign out front advertising massage. I dont know if she intends placing one out, or whether she just works through word of mouth.

The house is a little (20m or so) east of Dreams Cafe ( Laneway behind D'Omar Villa, Off Jalan Penestanan, Ubud), on the opposite side of the lane to the cafe. You may have to ask people in the laneway to direct you, and I feel pretty certain the locals will know her and which house it is.

These prices are nothing out of the ordinary though, and you'll find many places of similar value when you get to Ubud

Edited: 21 June 2014, 05:56
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: 3 Questions About Ubud, Bali

jan j:Çantika Zest sounds lovely. Thank you

MangoMunky & Tony W: Looking in Ubud will be infinitely better than looking on line. But, your post have pointed me in the right direction. Many thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Ubud