We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sculpting & Batik workshops in Ubud

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Sculpting & Batik workshops in Ubud

My friend is keen to take a class in Ubud sculpting with clay or similar & is also interested in a batik class. Has anyone done any of these workshops or even heard about them?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
675 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sculpting & Batik workshops in Ubud

Sorry, cannot comment in sculpting but have heard lots of good reports about Widyas Batik class. Google Widya Batik Ubud and their website will come up. They pick up/drop off in Ubud area & take you to the family compound. It goes until mid afternoon, great price too. Myself & my daughter will be doing this later this year.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sculpting & Batik workshops in Ubud

there are lots of batik workshops that can give you lessons or help you make your own designs from sketching to finished product. It takes a few days though. Your friend can drive around Ubud and see if there are any batik places wth workmanship she likes. (the actual workshops, not the stores) Stop in and see if they will work with her. Sayan and Sanggingan are good places to start.

For clay, try stopping in at Juice Ja at Jalan Dewi Sita, next to Cafe Havana. The owner also has a ceramic workshop where she has classes every Saturday at .Sari Api.

3. Re: Sculpting & Batik workshops in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16