We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

penestanan

peterborough UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
penestanan

I am hoping to stay in penestanan next year, am looking for a homestay or small hotel, ideally with a pool. Would like to be quite close to cafes, intuative flow and some spas. Will be on my own so dont want a villa, and it would be nice to walk to cafes etc. I have looked at the accomodation on here and some seem suitable, just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions? My budget is approx 830, 000 rp

many thanks

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: penestanan

Hi

Have a look at the Domah. We have stayed there two or three times and been very happy. Its fairly basic but ticks the boxes with nice quiet atmosphere, well kept grounds, choice of 2 pools and close to a couple of local cafes/warungs.

Our pref was for the Verandah suites as the gave a bit more room to relax and enjoy the surrounds.

Cheers

PK

Edited: 25 June 2014, 22:17
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: penestanan

Devi's Place. Individual Villa's and they are beautiful. Janny the owner is lovely.

http://www.penestanan.com/Devis_Place.html

What I love is they all have a kitchenette which is great for when you couldn't be bothered going out for dinner and just want a ham cheese and tomato toasted sandwich or baked beans on toast.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: penestanan

I really like Gerebig Bunglaows. Nice big rooms, good pool, friendly family run. It's located near several excellent cafés and spas. Only about Rp 350,000 per night.

peterborough UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: penestanan

Hi, thanks all of you for the suggestions. Just waiting to confirm dates then will see what is available.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: penestanan

"Have a look at the Domah. We have stayed there two or three times and been very happy. Its fairly basic but ticks the boxes with nice quiet atmosphere, well kept grounds, choice of 2 pools and close to a couple of local cafes/warungs......Our pref was for the Verandah suites as the gave a bit more room to relax and enjoy the surrounds."

Should you choose a small boutique hotel over homestay, I too stayed at the D'omah and was very impressed....naturally a hotel will cost a little more than a homestay.

The manager is a lady from Byron Bay, service was impeccable, rooms were clean, spacious and well maintained, location was within walking distance of the town centre, and only having 20 rooms available the service was also quite personal, and the staff always went an extra few yards to ensure customer satisfaction...........I too would suggest paying a little extra for the added benefits of a verandah suite if choosing this hotel.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297701-d144…

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: penestanan

There are many home stays in Penestanan, but they are probably not on-line and many are now looking for long term renters. However the two options you have been given are both great - Gerebig is locally owned and very close to most of the warungs. Devi's Place is a bit further out in a quieter area of Penestanan, but more up-market and you will have a pool, it overlooks ricefields. Another two options are Melati Cottages and Sri Ratih cottages both of which are very close to many warungs.

7. Re: penestanan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ubud
Recent Conversations