We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation central to Ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
14 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation central to Ubud

Hi,

We are staying in a Ubud for 4 nights at the end of September and I'm struggling to find accommodation that is in the centre of Ubud. I am travelling with my husband and 1 year old son. I will also be 20 weeks pregnant so I would prefer to be close to the 'action' of Ubud. We definitely need air-con and are looking at paying up to AUD$100 a night.

Thanks!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Before we recommend places maybe you should let us know where you have already tried.

Otherwise some decent central places are The Ubud Village Hotel, Pertiwi Cottages, Honeymoon Guest House, and only a few minutes out, Greenfields and Tegal Sari.

You are going in a very busy time as it is term break for many Australians who love to go to Bali then.

14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

I've looked at so many that I am struggling to remember their names. I have tried searching for a central location on accommodation websites but when I read the reviews people say that they are a 10 minute walk away etc.

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Annika, if the hotels you are looking at are 10 minutes walk away from the central markets then they are very central hotels. There are three main roads that form the one-way traffic system in the centre of Ubud - Jalan Raya ( the main road that runs past the markets), Jalan Hanoman and Monkey Forest Road. The last two are parallel to each other and are connected by the curve in the road in front of the Monkey Forest, they both come out on to Jalan Hanoman. Have a look at a map of Ubud and you'll get the picture. Jalan Bisma is another increasingly popular road. Any hotels located at the Monkey Forest or Jalan Bisma end of the map will be a good 10 minute walk to the markets but is still considered to be very much central Ubud. So it's all relative to whatever you're walking to. That whole area is full of shops, restaurants and spas, so it's not like you're walking through wasteland, there are plenty of places to stop and rest along the way. And in central Ubud it's usually quicker to walk than drive as the traffic can get very heavy during the days.

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Oops, excuse the gobbledook, Jl Hanoman and Monkey Forest Rd both come out onto Jl Raya (the main road)

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,469 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Hi Annika - we don't know your exact dates, so why not do a trawl of a few booking sites (Wego.com/Asiarooms.com/Kayak.com etc), get your shortlist, then come back to us with it? If you want to be in the centre of town, we can then give you a rough idea as to where things are and add any personal experience of properties where appropriate.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 17:09
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
636 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

To search by location try using google maps or search "google map hotel ubud" Then zoom into the area you are interested in and click on the hotels (red dots) that interest you. Often the link will take you to the hotel's web page.

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Thanks for all of the tips, especially using google maps to search the location. I'm finding that trip advisor's distances aren't very reliable with where they are actually situated, so google maps should solve that problem for me.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Hi Annika

Just a word of warning - location of hotels etc etc on Google maps are not always reliable either! Sometimes it may be best to ask the hotel how far they are from the centre.

Cheers

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,435 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Just confirming what Ilab says about Google maps..some places are so far off they are in the wrong village completely, several kilometers away! I like Google earth that can give you a more complete picture of what things are like.

Not sure why you want to be so close to the center of Ubud though..the action is all in the countryside! The down town area is mostly just shops and cafes with just a few other things (Monkey Forest, Saraswati temple, some of the dance performance venues etc. If you want to do any sightseeing at all you will be spending most of your time out and about not in downtown..

Brisbane
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation central to Ubud

Thanks for all of the help. We have booked four nights at the Honeymoon Guesthouses, they should theoretically be close to the centre of Ubud, but if not the accommodation looks amazing. Thank you Como5438 for the recommendation.