We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

California
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

Back home and missing Ubud already. Instead of writing what I did, one can search under 'things to do" heading for recommendations. Instead here is what I learned from the trip:

1. Travel agency aka tour operators on main streets are reliable for day tours. They offer the same tours you can purchase online for a lot cheaper. You can also bargain. I took a bicycle tour and paid the online price whereas others booked through the tour operator for 3 to 8 USD cheaper.

Also, wanted to do MT batur and was given the quote of 30 USD from one tour operator. Basically, all tours go the same route

2. Really don't need a light for at night if staying on the main street as there is always traffic and car headlights

3. Watch out for large pot holes on the sidewalk

4. Must see are Legong and Kecak dance. Ask for the authentic Legong dance which is off the tourist path. Saw one and there was only 13 people in attendance. We got to try out the instruments after the show.

5. Currency exchange varies a bit from 11500 to 11600 on the same street for USD

6. Coco market is a great place to shop for groceries

7. If solo, best to take airport shuttle for 60,000 rupees than to pay 250000 to 300000for a taxi. You are not going to get to the airport faster.

8. You get what you pay for when it comes to massages. Best to shell one or 2 dollars more for a cleaner place. I tried the cheaper ones and the better ones for 95000 per hour

9. Be patient at Customs. Not too many Custom officers there even during rush hour in the afternoon

10. Taxi for the day is about 500000 rupees and using a motorcycle should be half

Bali Sun Tours
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Mr. Bedu's Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Bali Purana
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Bali English Driver
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Edmonton
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

Thank you for the useful info :)

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

Thank you for the information. It helps

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

Good to read all your bits of info. I always appreciate the fact that [people take the time to write about their experiences and share their learnings. Its kind of what this forum is all about.

Qld
Level Contributor
175 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

thanks for the information, I have a few further quesitons,

airport: do you need to book the airport shuffle to Ubud? or how do you find it? Is it very cramped and/or room for luggage?. Is there somewhere at the airport you can change money to pay for it?

bike tour: which tour did you do? do you recall seeing any with no lunch included? I am more interested in doing a longer ride, and cutting costs, so we could buy our own lunch some where?

how did you get around Ubud town? did you use taxis?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

thanks for all that info and I too would like to knwo about the airport shuttle please.

6. Re: Trip Report for 7 days in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2016, 05:15