We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

Hi everyone,

I am due to be staying in Ubud in September and will be alone for three or four nights before I meet up with some friends. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions of safe places to stay, that are pretty central to everything. I don't mind it being fairly basic, but clean, safe for a single female and with a swimming pool would be great, and if there is wifi that would be a bonus. Thank you for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
London
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

Hi Lucy, what kind of budget are you talking about?

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,621 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

There are so many cute little places that are not well known, little homestays that are right on some of the main streets or in the many little alleyways.

Being by yourself is a wonderful thing in Ubud..there is so much to see and you can spend time immersing yourself in the arts and culture, meeting many people, not just other tourists but Indonesians. I would say quite a fair percentage of people coming here to Ubud are by themselves and want to be able to absorb the experience.

There is really not many places that are NOT safe to stay...Ubud is a very friendly town and people watch out for each other. That said, if course there is some crime as in any place around the world, just take the normal steps you would in your own home town. Esp if your town has a lot of snakes.

I personally like the area around Jalan Bisma, but there are just a huge amount of cute small places..If you arrive in the morning or early afternoon you can actually walk around and find something nice fairly quickly. The very center of downtown (a few blocks) is chock a block wtih homestays..you will see small signs advertisingi homestays..peek your head in and check it out in person.often websites can be a little misleading.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

Hi Lucy and welcome to the Bali forum. Your main safety issue in Ubud is the state of the pavements. What's your budget please?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Adelaide
Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

I'm booked into Lumbung Sari in October. Sounds like its central, has a pool and not to expensive.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

Google The Studios Ubud. I am due to be there in the next couple of weeks and from the internet, and their service so far looks great. Reasonable price, pool, restaurant etc. Self contained. And great value. Little out of the central town - so away from the hustle and bustle so has to be great. Otherwise plenty of choice here and generally safe for solo female travellers - just take all the usual sensible precautions you would anywhere.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
6. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 08:05
Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

you should check as long as monkey forest street I think the hotel or bungalow is good choise

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,345 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

If you don't mind doing some research, the TA B & B reviews in Ubud could be a big help. There's certainly not a shortage.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotels-g297701-c2-Ubud_Ba…

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
9. Re: Solo Traveller - where to stay in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15