We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day tour from ubud

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Half day tour from ubud

Hi All,

I am looking for a few hours trip that my parents can do on Wednesday from Ubud, maybe start at 3 and be back by 7.

Does Ulluwatu sound good for half day tour?

Thanks,

Dipti

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,399 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day tour from ubud

Going to Uluwatu from Ubud makes no sense..Uluwatu is on the far side of the airport from Ubud and they should see it when they are closer to the airport...like in Kuta or on the way to or from the airport.

There are a gazillion half day trips they can easily take from Ubud that are right around here.. to see rice terraces, any number of lovely temples, mountain scenery, it all depends on what their interests are.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half day tour from ubud

There are a lot of options. I would suggest to go and visit two temples, gunung kawi and tirta empul. Both temples are high rated on TA. We did this half day tour 3 weeks ago and really recommend it! You get to see hindu culture and religion, beautiful rice terraces and local life. I personally think it is a very good way to get a good impression of Ubud and Bali. Also, you do not have to rush since both are quite close to Ubud. Keep in mind that sunset in bali is around 6pm though. So on the way back you won't see a lot. Transport is easily arranged in Ubud and drivers know the nice back roads with beautiful sights to both temples.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half day tour from ubud

There are a lot of options. I would suggest to go and visit two temples, gunung kawi and tirta empul. Both temples are high rated on TA. We did this half day tour 3 weeks ago and really recommend it! You get to see hindu culture and religion, beautiful rice terraces and local life. I personally think it is a very good way to get a good impression of Ubud and Bali. Also, you do not have to rush since both are quite close to Ubud. Keep in mind that sunset in bali is around 6pm though. So on the way back you won't see a lot. Transport is easily arranged in Ubud and drivers know the nice back roads with beautiful sights to both temples.

4. Re: Half day tour from ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:17