We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

I would appreciate your adivce: which lodging choice would young boys enjoy more (ages 12, 8, and 4)---Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Which of these two hotel choices is more child friendly? Do these 2 hotels provide some form of children's activities?

Thanks!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Hi,

I haven't stayed at nor seen Alam Shanti, but I have seen Kajane Mua.

Kajane is very popular with honeymooners or couples though, and I don't know if they have any children's activities. However, their villas have a pool and sometimes, children are just happy with a swimming pool.

Indo
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Jade, any advise between Kupu Kupu Barong or Kajane? KKB is twice the rate but the web view is just fantastic! But going in groups which is better bet?

Does Kajane has such view? And does the view at KKB justify the rate? I am offered Toya & Danu Villa at Kajane and Pool Villa at KKB.

But then again Kajane seems to get such good review and so accessible. We will be staying 2 nights at Tuban and 2 nights at Ubud. Is it too long stay in Ubud? Apart from arts market and restaurants digs anything else we should do in Ubud.

Thanks Jade and sorry Limwil for hijacking this post.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
218 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

No kids activities. They gave us a rubber dingy for the pool which was great fun for our kids. Some toys also (kitchen set as our younger one's a girl). You can borrow board games & DVD's (small selection) at the front office. Our kids enjoyed their stay here. The staff were super friendly & attentive towards them. Granted we did go out & about to see the sights of Bali & weren't at the villas the whole time, so it was a great base! Sorry can't help you with Alam Sari as never been there.

Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Is there a DVD player in all the villas at Kajane Mua?

Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Hi!

Anyone knows what the differences are between the Beiji and Toya villas over at Kajane Mua?

Many thanks!

Lucky

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Lucky:

I asked the Kajane for the difference and recieved this answer:

>> BEJI :- Located at the edge of river. Their pools protruding to the

>> river

>> - Have more spacious room than Toya (could accomodate 2 extra bed)

>> - Overlooking rice terrace, ravine and coconut trees

>> - Have their own private pool (4x8 m2)

>>

>> TOYA :- Located at the upper ground than Beji's villa.

>> - Have less spacious room (could accomodate only 1 extra bed)

>> - Overlooking rice terrace and coconut trees

>> - Have their own private pool (4x8 m2)

Paul

Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Hey ab0si,

Thanks for that.

Seems like the key difference is in the location and perhaps the view.

I guess some difference in the size as well though I probably won't need more than one double bed for a couple. :)

Have you booked your stay with them? Did you manage to get any special rates? I just emailed them. Hope to get some good offers!

Thanks for the info!

Lucky

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Lucky:

Yes, I have booked with them. SInce I am going to be there near the end of January -- which is certainly the low season -- it was not difficult to negotiate a rate and some freebies. I went with the Beji, btw.

Paul

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

We stayed at the Alam Shanti in August. Though I have to admit we didn't see families with kids, the place was absolutely beautiful, with a nice pool, and big spacious rooms. The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

Another advantage is having the monkey forest just up the road, what kid wouldn't like seeing the monkeys?

USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kajane Mua or Alam Shanti?

Hi,

Kajane located near the center, they have private pool in each villas (I guess?). Of course they have something for children's.

I don't know Alam Shanti.