We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud central hotel recommendation

Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud central hotel recommendation

Any tips on hotels within easy walking distance, not strenuous hike through the monkey forest, of Ubud's restaurants, cafes, spa's and shopping and also quiet and restful?

I have heard noise from motorbikes, tour buses, barking dogs, etc. can be a problem. I want a nice quiet Tegal Sari type of atmosphere with rice paddy view, but I don't want the long walk into town. I like to be able to get up in the morning and walk into a cafe for expresso/cakes. In the evening I like to be within close proximity to the restaurants.

I want to rent a car also and use Ubud as my home base for seven nights. I would appreciate any tips on driving, renting vehicles in Bali?

Thanks for your help!!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud central hotel recommendation

Hi,

You don't mention your budget....?

There's Ulun Ubud which has gorgeous views - but it's still quite a walk into town.

Alternatively, there's Pertiwi Resort(right in teh middle of Moneky Forest), the rooms at the back are quieter.

There's also Kajane Mua - more expensive though.

Paris
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud central hotel recommendation

I would recommend Komaneka Resort in Monkey Forest in the center of Ubud. This is an oustanding hotel for interior design, cosyness, good and kind and efficient service with beautiful views on a little junggle or rice paddies according to the room. They are located at the very back of the street hence you don't hear any noise apart from rooster sometimes in the morning like everywhere! The infinite pool is a delight for relaxing as well as the SPA, superbe with gentle therapists.

For renting a car, the staff can do it for you at your conditions. They can also drive you if you wish. If you drive mind the roads and any possible incident: you woud be wrong in any case and be charged a lot!

Also free entrance and complimentary shuttle for Neka Museum

No tips are requested.

As regard food, have you tried babi guling at the market? I highly recommend it to you, sitting amongst people of the village {all is very clean}. Of course you already know Casa Luna, Dirty Duck otherwise named Bebek Bengil, Batan Waru in Dewi Sita... you probably already have tried them. You can get excellent kopi at the restaurant with any cakes and also eat them at free high tea in the afternoon.

Enjoy your stay!

Paris
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud central hotel recommendation

I would recommend Komaneka Resort in Monkey Forest in the center of Ubud. This is an oustanding hotel for interior design, cosyness, good and kind and efficient service with beautiful views on a little junggle or rice paddies according to the room. They are located at the very back of the street hence you don't hear any noise apart from rooster sometimes in the morning like everywhere! The infinite pool is a delight for relaxing as well as the SPA, superbe with gentle therapists.

For renting a car, the staff can do it for you at your conditions. They can also drive you if you wish. If you drive mind the roads and any possible incident: you woud be wrong in any case and be charged a lot!

No tips are requested.

As regard food, have you tried babi guling at the market? I highly recommend it to you, sitting amongst people of the village {all is very clean}. Of course you already know Casa Luna, Dirty Duck otherwise named Bebek Bengil, Batan Waru in Dewi Sita... you probably already have tried them. You can get excellent kopi at the restaurant with any cakes and also eat them at free high tea in the afternoon.

Enjoy your stay!

Paris
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud central hotel recommendation

No tips are requested.

Enjoy your stay!

Melbourne, Aust.
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud central hotel recommendation

Kajane is gorgeous, but maybe expensive, but worth it !!

Ubud Village Hotel is next to Kajane.

A budget option would be Villa Raya Sayang which is in the main street, but budget.

6. Re: Ubud central hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 04:17