We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Hi we are planning to visit Bandung early next year (probably jan/feb) for 5d4n for 4 adults.

1) can you recommend us interesting places to visits and what to avoid?

2) how can we book a car+driver?

3) should we split our hotels 2n outskirt of Bandung and 2n in Bandung for ease of travels?

Appreciate you assistance much.

13 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

ImanNani, hello and welcome to TA fourms!

1/ i hope you planed wisely and your travel daters do not coincide with our local holidays and long weekends.

2/ << interesting places to visits>>

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297…

3/ <<how can we book a car+driver?>>

NOTE 1: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. Your help is greatly appreciated. Every illegal service provider will have zero responsibility if anything happened ( god forbid) during your travel/ adventure etc, in any troublesome/ accidental event you`ll face the consequences alone, and those who approached you ( via <<another travel community>>) will disappear like a wind..........Those people are a shame of Indonesian tourist industry and they ( unfortunately) are difficult to root! Your help is greatly appreciated. Report everyone who try to approach you!!!!

NOTE 2: how to hire a car+driver

## ask your hotel front desk/ reception. Upon arrival or in advance, your choice.

## Google the question, contact 2-3 local rentals for quotation and terms.

## After you get a quotation ( or 2-3) you are welcome to come here on the forum to verify the reputation of the companies, their prices and terms.

Note: do not agree on any deposit, prepayment, bank transfer etc. All payments are done on the spot after the service is completed and you are happy with the results.

The usual price is around 500-650k idr for 8-10 hours.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

<< should we split our hotels 2n outskirt of Bandung and 2n in Bandung for ease of travels?>>

NO, with such short visit relocation/ packing/ repacking will be too much hassle and a waste of time. Stay in the same hotel for 4 days.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Thank you for the quick reply.

Noted and will report if approach by any agency or individual. Thanks for the heads up.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Most welcome and happy planning!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Hello there,

I am a food adventurer and thinking of visiting Bandung in February 2018.Is it worth coming to Bandung for food or should I just give it a miss?

Thank You in advance !

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

hi

Going to BDG For food only? Yes, skip with confidence.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Thank You for your feedback!

I have already made arrangements to visit Bandung and saw your message afterwards.I have also learnt that Bandung is a good place for shopping and sightseeing nearby volcanoes so will give it a go.

Thank You once again!

Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

hi...i also planning to visit bandung in jan 2018..can u suggest the best area for hotel that i can sight seeing at night?walking distance..

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

Lina D, hi

In order NOT to confuse your travel details with those of the OP, please start your own topic. The direct link how to do is here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/NewTopic-g297704…

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung

You should try rafting in palayangan river, located in pangalengan, south bandung

Reply to: Planned visit Jan/Feb 2018 Bandung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted