We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandung for 48 hours

Kampong Jerudong...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bandung for 48 hours

Hi everyone

This same question may already been asked once too many but here goes.

I plan to visit Bandung with my two children and Betterhalf in less than two weeks from today.

Hotels all sorted out.

1. Is it advisable to travel at 5.30am fm JKT to Bandung by hiring a supir, to bring us around in Bandung ( son wants to bungee jump off cliff and my soon to be 16 daughter a short list of places to see and experience dining.) and I need retail theraphy like a thirsty traveller😂😂😂. By the blogs that I read, most probably a few mukenas and laces will do so I will have to quench my thirst in Jakarta. While dad has only need to find a good material and tailor for his muslim attires.

Or is it advisable to just hop on a train (which we may need to grab a taxi fm hotel and purchase ticket on the day stated and return to Jkt the same way. And grab uber to the places where we need to go.

I have a supir quote me 2,300,000.00 for that duration of travel and back. Is this price normal and reasonable ? I have yet to choose which supir and ask if they will be able to bring us to all of the places we may need to go as they requested our flight tickets copies before they can give me the quote.

Does the supir actually helped to carry shopping bags? Will they become our tourguide cum bodyguard to guard us against all the unwanted sellers that follows you around the places? Are we responsible for their meals and stay?

Is this the norm.

This is my first time visiting jakarta and bandung and I appreciate any comments or tips but just don’t throw tomatoes. 😂😂😂

7 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

ScarlettP6690, hi

If you travel to BDG from Brunei, it would easier to book via singapore or kuala Lumpur, and from singapore land directly in BDO. BDO is an international airport, right in the city, with perfect connection to sin and KUL. Travel via cgk is extra hassle in terms of time and money wasted on supir.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

if you take train, then you must bring your luggage to train station first. arrive there maybe only can catch train at 9am +. not sure. if you hire driver, he will pick you at airport and direct go bandung.

2.3 million for 2 days ? including go to bandung and back jakarta is quite ok. if you get innova is better.

Kampong Jerudong...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

Thank you for your reply. We will continue our stay in Jakarta till the 27th Dec.

Kampong Jerudong...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

Thank you for your reply. Yes its innova. Semangat nya udah d Jakarta 😂 excited much.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

<<2.3 million for 2 days ? including go to bandung and back jakarta is quite ok.>>

i would also say that the price is fair then.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

I think the price is worth it if only because keeping the same driver means less hassle for your trip.

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bandung for 48 hours

Drive as early as you can and leave as early as you can as well. As currently there is elevated toll project along the way and the traffic is a bit bummer. If you go on weekend be prepare for 20-30 Km/h speed from Bekasi Barat to Karawang Timur.

Reply to: Bandung for 48 hours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted