We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Bandung during christmas

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Bandung during christmas

Hi Bandung experts,

i would like to travel to bandung on 22 dec- 26 dec. would like to know is christmas also celebrated in indon at that time? will it be crowded with ppl traveling at that time too?

i am coming with 2A and 1 child aged 2 year old.

i am planning to go to the following places in these 5 days:

1. Pinisi Resto, Lereng Anteng (i am attracted with the view, would like to dine here, is it far from Bandung town)?

2. The farm house (hobbit house) at Lembang

3. Kota Mini Lembang (so is this inside floating market lembang?)

4. Chinatown Bandung museum

5. kaweh puteh crater

6. some shopping around the town

7. cafe hopping

i would like to know is it doable point 2 & 3 on the same day? the read that the drive is 1 hour from town?

i would like to hire a car and drive around, is it doable and OK to drive around bandung?

3 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Bandung during christmas

solo_soultraveller, hi

Its terribly WRONG idea to travel to BDG on holidays, especially such as Christmas , New Year and EID. The city will be super crowded with vacationers from JKT and their 2 mil cars, traffic jams and crowds are guaranteed everywhere, you`ll enjoy nothing... Better re-think your travel dates.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Bandung during christmas

farm house and floating market is nearby. can do in one day.

i would like to hire a car and drive around, is it doable and OK to drive around bandung?

drive yourself ? very not recommended.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Bandung during christmas

For us folk who live in Bandung, we don't go out too much in the holiday season because of the traffic jams. and the very worse place to go is Lembang where the traffic moves incredibly slowly since many of the tourist sites and places to eat in the hills are there. If you do go, leave really early before everyone starts heading up to Lembang. Places like Farmhouse and Kampung Daun and Dusun Bambu are going to be packed solid. The Farmhouse creates massive jams every holiday just by people trying to park in the car park. The sides of the road are full of parked cars. To get to the Floating Market you need to get past the Farmhouse bottleneck.

Same for Kawah Putih, leave very early and expect a long tiring drive back. At the best of times it takes about 2 hours to get there.

As for driving yourself, Bandung has some of the worse drivers in Indonesia. Driving in Bali is bliss in comparison. Driving rules don't apply in Bandung.

Reply to: Traveling to Bandung during christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted