We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the best area for hotel in bandung

Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
the best area for hotel in bandung

Hi..i planning to visit bandung in jan 2018

1) can anyone suggest me the best area for hotel that i can sightseeing at night? I mean within walking distance

2)is january raining season in bandung?

3)is possible i travel around town using public transport?tq

11 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Lina D, hi

1/ there is no sightseeing in BDG " at night", all points of interest/ tourist attractions are closed during the night, and the absolute majority is located outside the city.

2/ if you need a hotel recommendation please state your budget per room per night in USD or IDR?

3/ yes, January is the middle of raining season.

4/ around the city you can travel by taxi. There is no public transport in BDG ( and in any City in Indonesia ) from the civilized point of view.

Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Tq for ur info..

1) sight seeing that i meant are like night market..mall..stall etc..around city..near the hotel

2)any problem will arise if i travel to kawah putih etc during rainy season?

3) my hotel budget around idr 500k to 600k per night

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Lina, you are most welcome, any time.

1/ street food in Indonesia is not recommended for foreiners. If you care to stay healthy and alive.

2/ going to kawah putih during rainy season is no problem, the main problem is traffic jams in the area, especially in soreang and ciwidey. So please choose your travel dates wisely, pick weekday and start from your hotel at 8 am.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

""hotel budget around idr 500k to 600k per night""

Best Western

Noor

Ivory by aiola

Luxton

Amaroosa

Angrekk shopping

Golden flower

Grandia

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Hi Lina,

The night scene is very much around Braga Street and Jalan Asia Afrika. That whole area which is the centre of the city is alive and vibrant until late evening. You will find all kinds of places to eat, fast food, local restaurants, street food (some of it is delicious) and people just wandering around enjoying the evening. Sometimes there are food festivals with tents set up where you can buy special foods too. Braga Street has many places to eat open till late, has a small mall also with some restaurants and shops and there are minimarts and fast food places too like Starbucks and Wendy's.

That whole area is very vibrant at night and is also one of the places where foreigners like to explore and hang out. For street food, you can find satay, fried rice, fried noodles, nasi uduk, in fact all kinds of food. Definitely worth a try because street food is some of the most delicious and people from Jakarta love to come here for the food and the cooler climate.

There are a few hotels in that area, one of them is the Aston Hotel in Braga Street itself, and if you can get the good room you will have an amazing view of the Grand Mosque brightly lit up at night, it's quite amazing to see because the minarets are really tall.

Many people do not know it but Bandung has a deep history with President Sukarno who was jailed here for 10 years by the Dutch and his cell is still preserved and also parts of the original prison, both of which are walking distance from Braga Street and Jalan Asia Afrika, Also the Asia Afrika Conference in 1955 was one of the most important events in it's day where 29 newly independent states were present.

There are other areas in Bandung such as Jalan Martadinata where lots of Factory Outlets are located and many restaurants and hotels and some malls, but really the place that stays very alive until late is only near Jalan Asia Afrika/Jalan Braga.

Edited: 11 December 2017, 12:42
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Yes, Kawah Putih can be visited anytime. It normally takes about 2 hours to drive there and perhaps a little longer if it rains, but the rainy season means it rains only certain parts of the day and not everyday. Anyway, when you arrive at the car park at the entrance to Kawah Putih, you can rent an umbrella.

For your budget for hotel, you can check out the cost of Aston Braga Hotel during your stay dates, if not there are plenty of smaller hotels in the area. Airbnb is picking up too in Bandung and that is normally a lot cheaper.

Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Tq very very much for ur info.really appreaciate it..

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Lina, you are most welcome and happy planning!

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

My family was there recently from 23-26th Dec. Sensa hotel on Champelas Walk is a nice hotel just next to a big shopping mall but may cost abit more. Very near to airport. This is important as the traffic jams in Bandung is terrible. Try using Grab or Uber, much cheaper & u know who your driver is. To airport cost less than IDR30,000. Hotel charges IDR175,000 each way.

Don’t travel on weekends to Kawah Putih. My journey took us 4 hours to reach & another 4 hours back to hotel. Bring your own mask as the sulphur smell is pungent. Also, I was told Strawberry only in season in March, so we don’t get to visit the strawberry farms.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the best area for hotel in bandung

Probably it will cost you Rp30k by Bluebird taxi to get to the airport too. Where I live in the Lodaya/Buah Batu area on the other side of Bandung, it only costs Rp45k to get to the airport using Bluebird including the booking fee.

Reply to: the best area for hotel in bandung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted