We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel plug adaptor????

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Travel plug adaptor????

What type of plug is accepted in jakarta? Is the u.k plug o.k or do I have to get a adaptor of somesort?

Sorry the question is vague!

Thankyou.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel plug adaptor????

Hi again there,

In Indonesia, Type C and Type F are the commonly found (2 parallel prongs) plugs. www.travel-images.com/electric-plugs.html

Some electrical shaver outlet can accommodate type A (commonly found in Japanese/American household items).

For British 3-pin plug (3 large flat prongs), you'll need an adapter. Bringing a universal travel adapter will come handy just in case you need to do charging in hurry.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel plug adaptor????

Thankyou so much for your quick response. Greatly appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel plug adaptor????

Hi. Can you tell me if I can buy one in jakarta and how much it will cost? Can I buy it at the airport in Jakarta or anywhere near gambir train station, address and price please.

Thanks in advance.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel plug adaptor????

U mean the universal travel adapter? It's available at major hypermarkets (Carrefour, Giant, etc) but they are nowhere at the airport. If you're staying near Gambir, you can try to look for one at Ace Hardware, Grand Indonesia Shopping Town.

Many airlines also offer one for sale onboard for around EUR25 each and usually comes from "Swiss Travel Products" brand worldconnect-shop.de/en/…1

Otherwise, buy one at Dixons prior to leaving UK http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/r/power+adaptors/1738_11107_0/

5. Re: Travel plug adaptor????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 05:31