We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
571 posts
365 reviews
Save Topic
Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Just wanted to post a warning to travelers to Bandung about the above company. I communicated with a person named Irwan who represented the company. This company had been mentioned in other Forum topics. We had asked for a 6 seater MPV to ferry us around for the afternoon of 3rd March13.

a. A small car was sent to pick us up from the airport, it was obviously a personal car as the person owning it dropped it off to the MPV Transport driver with his son. Could not seat all of us. We agreed to the use of a Suzuki APV (MPV) which I know is large enough for us.

b. After dropping us off at a lunch place, the switch was made, claiming that the Suzuki APV was being washed. After lunch, we boarded it and found that it was not clean, and had torn car seats.

c. Asked for a discount price given the poor quality of the vehicles, but Irwan replied no.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Dear Weimin,

I could not reply to your message because it seems it has been blocked. I am a bona fide traveller. If you want to share, feel free to. If not , no worries.

Thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,508 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Navia K,

YES,

Weimin`s account is closed, his activity is recognized incompatible with purposes of TA and forum rules.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Noted. Thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,508 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

very welcome... any time!

NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and safest way to have a car+ driver in BDG for your needs - rent from your hotel. Individuals that are trying to use TA for personal enrichment/ promoting their activity will be rooted and blacklisted.

Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Hi Schonefeld,

We, a group of 8 adults, will be travelling to Bandung for 5D4N.

We actually planning to look for a transport company to bring us around.

Have check with our hotel but they do not provide this service.

Do you have someone to recommend?

Thank you....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
571 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

Have a good holiday in Bandung, we always enjoy ourselves there with the shopping, food and even hotels.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,508 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

SS1966Singapore, hello

1/ In what hotel do you chose to stay??? I`m VERY surprised that a hotel in BDG is unable to provide this service to the guests. Did you mention that you need car+ driver???? May be it`s miscommunication issue etc?

2/ Although we do not generally recommend companies on TA forum, in your case you can check :

http://www.rentals-id.com/bandung.html

http://carrentalinbandung.com/

NOTE: do not pay anything in advance, do not agree on submitting your card details etc. Verify prices quoted on TA before confirmation/ agreement.

Edited: 05 December 2013, 06:24
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

rather than choose 'random' rental service, you can also ask fellow member, who traveled to bandung before and use driver / rental service.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,508 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

SS1966Singapore,

PLEASE NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and safest way to have a car+ driver in BDG for your needs - rent from your hotel. Individuals that are trying to use TA for personal enrichment/ promoting their activity will be rooted and blacklisted.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Services of MPV Transport, a car rental company.

last trip report posted here tell us the driver booked from hotel waste ts time and energy. risk of rent car from hotel or from car rental company is the same.