We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip report to Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Short trip report to Bandung

We recently spent 4 days in Bandung and here are our impressions. The two volcanoes are wonderful. Tangkuban perahu is great, but Kawah putih is sublime. The drive to TPerahu is beautiful, with views of wonderful plantations and lots of places to stop to eat and take in the views, so plan for that. The drive to KP is less beautiful, but the lake, the color is almost out of this world. If you are around Braga street, try to eat at Kiosk, in City Walks, inside the complex that has Aston hotel. The food is quite good, prices are reasonable. They have live music from 6:30pm on, which is very enjoyable. We did not care much for the Hypersquare food court, especially if you need a taxi at night, with a long walk to the street. Now, the bad are traffic, traffic, traffic...

We had a very good driver that we used for two day trips. He is patient, drives carefully, gave us good advices on things touristy. Strongly recommended.

Jim

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,902 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

<<Wow , you sure have guts ,driving in Indonesia's hectic cities. You must be very familiar with Bandung.>>

Erwin K,

Both DEs for BDG are LOCAL people, is THAT hard to believe???? We all drive ( self-drive) between Jakarta and Bandung , and still alive....................LOL

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

yes, it is hard to believe. i believe you both from jakarta.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,902 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

Forum rules: DE are Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. They are not chosen by the place of birth or living.

Further discussion is off topic.

Bandung,Indonesia
Level Contributor
99 posts
515 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

Haha ..yea i thought you two are not Indonesians..greetings to both of u :-)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

Can any of you destination guides inform me how one can travel reliably from Bandung to Malabar tea Estate in Pangelengan? I am visiting the estate to track an old family connection. We would prefer not to drive in Bandung!!

Thanks so much

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

you better make a new thread for your question.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,902 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

Chris L,

the answer is waiting for you in the NEW topic............

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297704-i10689-k71…

18. Re: Short trip report to Bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 07:18