We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in OCT

singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Travelling in OCT

Hi,

I would like to know how to get to the ibis Trans Studio from the Bandung airport? Via taxi or is there any airport shuttle that goes to the hotel. How much do I expect to pay for the respective mode of transport.

I plan to get have 1 day local tour hopefully to Kawah Putih or the Tangkuban Perahu.

Is there any nursery nearby that i can visit near Trans Studio?

Enoss Travellers Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Diaz Travelindo
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Kampung Cai Ranca Upas
Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Mulia Car Rental & Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling in OCT

you can use airport taxi to get there. just find the counter in the left front of exit gate.

what do you mean with nursery ?

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling in OCT

1) there are prepaid cabs available at the airport at approx rp 50,000..

2) do you mean flower nursery or places that can take care of your child??

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling in OCT

keroleen, hello

1/ The BDO airport is literally WITHIN the city, so close... you can get an airpost taxi ( get a voucher in the arrival hall). 50k IDR to any city hotel. Fixed price. Avoid touts.

2/ <<I plan to get have 1 day local tour hopefully to Kawah Putih or the Tangkuban Perahu. >>

Visiting sights is OK only on weekday, what`s your travel dates?

3/ Unfortunately there are no organized tours in BDG that you may join like grayline.com. All the sightseeing is about renting a car+ river and doing sights on your own. YES, indeed the safest way to avoid any potential harm is to rent via hotel tour/ concierge desk. At least in this case the hotel will be responsible for the quality of provided service and YOU have a CLEAR path to whom to complain if you are not happy with driver`s performance, skills, car condition etc. ANY hotel in BDG is able to provide this service to a guest. No worry, no need to prebook anything.

NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. Every illegal service provider will have zero responsibility if anything happened ( god forbid) during your travel/ adventure etc, in any troublesome/ accidental event you`ll face the consequences alone, and those who approached you ( via <<another travel community>>) will disappear like a wind..........Those people are a shame of Indonesian tourist industry and they ( unfortunately) are difficult to root! Your help is greatly appreciated. Report everyone who try to approach you!!!!

Bandung,Indonesia
Level Contributor
104 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling in OCT

Hello

From the Husen Sastranegara Airport ,you wont miss the small taxi ticketing booth just outside the Gate.Pick a ticket here , and mention your destination.

They will decide how much your fare will be , depends on the destination and your taxi number.I think it will be as much as, Rp.50.000 to Rp 100.000 ( about 4.5 to 9 USD) to reach the Trans Studio, located at Jalan.Gatot Subroto .Because of the already decided fare , the taxi driver wont be able to scam you.Dont get suprised by the Airport taxi condition.Usually they all wrecked up and in a bad shape.Almost all taxi drivers here dont speak English , but they can understand some simple words.Tell them to turn on the AC, if you want.

Kawah Putih and Tangkuban Perahu , are 2 places which are far apart.Kawah Putih is in the southwest side ,and the Tangkuban Perahu is in the northern side.Cannot visit those two in one day .

Book a reputable ,and responsible tour operator.A healthy car ,and an english speaking guide, it will make your visit easier.

I have written some reviews of Bandung here , hope it will help you decide which one to go.If you have any other question ,you can drop me a message , i will try to assist with my limited time and knowledge.

Regards,

Erwin Koo

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling in OCT

<< just drop me a message , i will try to assist you with my limited knowledge.>>

Erwin K,

Too much of this stuff - REALLY, if you go on with this luring, the admins will be upon you, GUARANTEED - 100%. Despite the statement that <<Note : I'm not a tour guide nor a person involved in the tourist business>>, you SOUND like one.

By the way , you sign some post with different name: <<Erwin Kosasih>> OR <<Erwin Koo>>????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling in OCT

you sign some post with different name

probably he is a chinese indonesian. his indonesian name is erwin kosasih. his chinese surname is koo. this is common in indonesia.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling in OCT

Hello karoleen,

Transport from Bandung airport to destinations within the city is served by airport taxis. You buy the coupon from the counter (fixed rate). No airport shuttle service is available. Otherwise, you can arrange pick-up arrangement with your hotel.

I am afraid since you're going to stay at the Ibis, if you are referring "nursery" as child care center, Ibis Trans does not have one. You have to bring your kids with you.

Bandung,Indonesia
Level Contributor
104 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling in OCT

Schonefeld : im just a frequent traveller , you can take a look on all my reviews in different countries.

Maybe too many scams here ,so the you or other admins will get suspicious on me, but i'm not intend to scam anyone here.

I signed with 2 different names ,My Indonesian name is Erwin Kosasih , im a Chinese and may family name is Koo.You can PM everyone in the forum ,ask them what's my suggestion for them. Am i luring them ? I didnt think so , i had a really good living here ,and i really don't need need scam money haha.

This TA is an open forum , if i scam people , u should have known already,

Regards,

Erwin Koo

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling in OCT

Erwin K,

You are more than welcome to contribute in our forum.. However, there are certain things that we are paranoid about.. Especially regarding PM and bogus car rentals here.. i am not suspecting you of anything, but just stick to our 'rules' at the moment..

Hope you understand..

Edited: 05 September 2013, 05:41
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling in OCT

<< you can take a look on all my reviews in different countries.>>

Erwin K,

Already did, so did the admins - 193 reviews within a week?????? It raised certain questions..........

If you are interested to contribute to our forum and not to disrupt peace and quiet of this travel-helping facility, PLEASE be less intrusive and more critically suggestive in your posts. All THAT personalized staff <<: im just a frequent traveller>> << i will try to assist with my limited time and knowledge.>> MUST be avoided.

I count on your understanding, i don`t think you prefer to start your forum life from the argument with DEs. Both, Stefzzz and me., are unanimous in here. We work in team and support each other.