We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Hi There,

I am quite new in travelling.. I used to travel with group of 4 pax to 12 pax..

But this time will be just Me, Hubby n my 6years old son and it is my 1st time travelling with my child.

Would be glad if you could advise where are the best place to shop

#preferred not to shop at high end places.

Read through some post saying that Factory Outlet, Pasar Baru and Cihampelas are good areas to shop... is it true??? What will the price range be like??

Would it be better to stay in hotel near Dago or Cihampelas or would u have other recommendation.

#prefer to be near to places which is near malls or shopping areas, eatries, 24hours convenient store, so that i will spend less time in travelling.

Actually, i am not sure, what are the type n names of shopping mall in Bandung as Bandung is so huge compare to my previous visit to Batam where 3 days is sufficient for me to understand n know the routes by heart.., heheheh

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,173 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Farah27 hello and welcome to TA forum,

1/ to give you hotel recommendation, please state your budget/ room/ night??

2/ NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and safest way to have a car+ driver in BDG for your needs - rent from your hotel. Individuals that are trying to use TA for personal enrichment/ promoting their activity will be rooted and blacklisted.

3/ to get to know BDG start from checking things to do

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297704-Activiti…

4/ Also you can find some helpful tips from Top questions about Bandung on the right side of your screen.

5/ Further questions are welcome.............

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Bandung and Batam are totally offering different shopping experience.

In Bandung, you can categorized the shopping into roughly three types or more:

1/ Wholesale shopping; where you can buy muslim clothing, textiles, fabrics, and locally made clothing at cheap price - but cheaper if you buy in bulk. It is far from convenient shopping experience, especially if you are bringing kids in stroller - there is no place to drag the stroller. Example for this place is Pasar Baru

2/ Factory Outlets; very different than JPO or those factory stores in Hongkong. The one in Bandung stocks mixed collection - it can be from various brand and it does not guarantee that the "zara" clothing you find at factory outlet is actually part of "zara" brand itself. Sometimes it's just labels. Popular area to shop for factory outlets in Bandung: Setiabudhi street, Cihampelas street, and Riau street. factory outlets are standalone shop, so you have to venture from one place to another to view different stores.

3/ Malls; typically like Singaporean mall. You can find everything under one roof. The one worth checking including Paris Van Java mall, Cihampelas Walk, Trans Studio Mall (TSM), and Istana Plaza. These malls has combination of international brand as well as local brand. Specialized mall also existed such as BEC which sells mostly handphones and computer gadgets.

Which hotel?

You can choose one which is the nearest to where you'll be spending most of your time at. Convenient stores can be found everywhere within the city, so this would not be a big headache.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Hi there... Good day...

Actually, i dont really have a budget for hotel stay.. i am ok with 3star onwards as long as its convenient for me to shop n dine..

I heard people saying staying in a hotel in cihampelas area will be great but some say its better be in dago area.. hahaha so i am confuse.. lol..

Mayb you would be able to advise me, which area in bandung has the most spree area to shop as i can save more on transportation.

I would like to spend 5d4n in bandung, i am not into textile and fabric... hahahahah unless i am bringing my parents where i tink they can spend the whole day in pasar baru... wakakkaka.

I am thinking to visit Trans studio on either my 1st day or 4th day... which is best to recommend???

By having to stay in an area with large things to shop, my plan is to rent a car with driver to drive me to either tangkapan perahu or kawan putih, visit to strawberry farm then mayb if there is sufficient time to drop by an area in bandung to shop mayb a smaller area. on the 2nd day.

3rd day plan to visit another area to shop and dine..

Actually, i am those who like to eat at across the road n enjoy the scenery.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,173 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Farah27, hi

1/ <<Mayb you would be able to advise me, which area in bandung has the most spree area to shop as i can save more on transportation.>>

Jl. Riau is probably the best, with all sophisticated FOs nearby and enough eating options in the walkable distance.

Hotels to check;

Amoroosa

Luxton ( Jl. Merdeka)

Grand Serela

Hayatt

Sensa ( Jl. Cihhampelas)

Grand Pacific ( Jl. Pasir Kaliki)

2/ <<, i am not into textile and fabric... hahahahah unless i am bringing my parents where i tink they can spend the whole day in pasar baru..>>

LOL... some people can spend a yearly budget of a small country over there....LOL

3/ WISE idea: before planning your travel to Indonesia, VERIFY you travel dates _ all weekends, public holidays etc must be avoided in order to have a nice stay instead of useless and boring vacation in traffic jams.

4/ <<my plan is to rent a car with driver to drive me to either tangkapan perahu or kawan putih>>

THESE places can be visited on separated days only, or pick one of them. For Mt. Patuha you need a weekday ONLY, for T. Perahu early morning to Saturday is relatively OK.

NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and safest way to have a car+ driver in BDG for your needs - rent from your hotel. Individuals that are trying to use TA for personal enrichment/ promoting their activity will be rooted and blacklisted.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Hi ...

Thank you for ur guidance..

Would you recommend kawah putih or tangkapan perahu... which is better and which is along the way to the strawberry farm. As i was goggling, indeed Bandung has a few farms there... hahhahaha.,,

Was doing lots of reading on blogs, forum n reviews..

Finally i came to conclusion to short list Cihampelas Walk and Paris Van Java..

Eventually, i am still considering which hotel should i stay in, would really be glad if you could advise as after reading year 2013 review of the following hotels i get more confuse.., hahhaha..

Should i choose :

SENSA HOTEL

DE BANTARA

D JAVA

ASTON TROPICANA

FAVE HOTEL.

OH MY!!!!! Hahahahahhaha... all the above hotel has differents margin on rates per night 4 out of 5 are at the same location while D JAVA is only 600m away from them...

Sorry for the trouble .... seems slightly lose..., hahahhahaha

Anyway, can i ask what is x trans, do they provide service like shuttle service within bandung like mayb from hotel to PJV or to Ciwalk or FO... infact i when to goggle up to their webpage, but it seems not much information in it...,

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,173 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Farah27, hi

1/ of your hotel list - definitely SENSA is the best option in terms of location, room quality, proximity to shopping and direct access to Chihampelas walk ( lots of food options)

2/ <,Would you recommend kawah putih or tangkapan perahu...>>

Tell me what day of the week you allocate to volcano visit?

3/ <<Anyway, can i ask what is x trans, do they provide service like shuttle service within bandung like mayb>>

No, they do shuttle service to CGK airport and some intercity ( long distance0 route. Within the city you have to take a cab, no worry in Indonesia taxi work on meter - and do not argue with the passengers about the price.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,173 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

.... and you are not a trouble at all.....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Hahahahahah.... true2.. actually i believe in mutual respect.., if we respect others be tackful i believe they will do the same... hehehehe

I plan to go in November... weekday mon to fri...

So which is better eh..,. Hahahah tangkapan perahu or kawah putih.., hahahha

Is paris van java better to shop or cihampelas walk... or transstudio shopping mall... hahahhaahha

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

kawah putih is better. but, far compare to tangkuban perahu. if you have 3 days, then enough to go both place.

you also have time to shop in both paris van java and cihampelas walk.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best place to shop, stay and dine in bandung

Hi,

If given a choice, would u prefer to stay some where near Paris Van Java or Cihampelas walk.

I wanted sensa hotel so much but hubby said the price is a bit steep for 5d4n.

Anyway... whats the estimated walking distance from De Batara and Novotel to Cihampelas Walk/Jeans Street. Can't seems to search via google map to calculate the estimated time n distance require to walk to jeans street especially for De Batara Hotel... hmmmm..

Sorry ya for all the trouble

Get answers to your questions about Bandung