We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penang Island...
7 posts
Save Topic
How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Hi all,

I will travel to Bandung this coming Oct. I wish to stay connected with internet. Is there any shop for me to get Pre-paid SIM card with data plan at Bandung airport???

Also what are the plans and costs available?

Appreciate and many thanks iin advance.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Hello,

Honestly,I dont know whether there are any phone shops in BDO or the price of each data plan for each company.. but its pretty easy to get data plan with prepaid.. just ask the shopkeeper to do it for you.. easy.. for my experience, telkomsel has been pretty reliable..

cheers

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

<< Is there any shop for me to get Pre-paid SIM card with data plan at Bandung airport???>>

Unfortunately no. But you can purchase one from the shopping mall near your hotel (or just drop by any shopping mall or convenience stores).

Prepaid starter pack vary in prices, starting from as low as Rp5,000. You then need to buy top-up which suitable to your needs; either data only, call and text only, or combination of those three. For more detailed info, visit these telco website: Telkomsel, Axiata XL (this enables you to transfer credit to your Celcom number should you buy too much - but don't reload too much), and Indosat.

Penang Island...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Hi Cirque,

Thanks for your info. It is pretty useful for me. :)

Penang Island...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Thanks Stefzzz... :)

Edited: 25 September 2013, 01:52
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

I am glad that you find the information to be useful...

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

first, you need simcard for connecting the internet. after you pass exit gate, there is a person selling simcard. you can recognize him easily because he yell "simcard" to people exit the gate, and holding simcard in his hand. the simcard usually is simpati. price is 20k+. of course this is far more expensive than if you buy outside.

then, you need to top up about 25k for buy internet data package. you can see the package price in www.telkomsel.com

if your simcard is micro or nano, however, i do not if he have one for you or not.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Buying someting from a tout is never to be recommended. The Rp25,000 starter pack is probably worth only 1/5th of what you're paying for.

it is always preferable to buy new starter pack from official retailer rather than shady figures...

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

it is always preferable to buy new starter pack from official retailer rather than shady figures..

agree. but, if FongTee insist to buy simcard from the airport, that is the only choice he have.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Bandung airport is a mere 2 kilometers away from Istana Plaza, a decent shopping mall with lots of authorized phone retailers... we are not talking about an airport which is at some distant from the city and one could die for not being able to make outgoing phone calls....

Edited: 25 September 2013, 11:23
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get data plan while i travel in Bandung

Bandung airport is a mere 2 kilometers away from Istana Plaza, a decent shopping mall with lots of authorized phone retailers

correct.

but for foreigner, going to istana plaza from bandung airport must use taxi. which can cost more than 20k. it will be better if FongTee go to hotel by taxi and find simcard near the hotel.

buying from airport also 'only' choice if he is landing in the last flight from kuala lumpur (2355).