We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seremban
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Travel in Bandung

Hi there i would be very glad if anyone here willing to reply my post and suggest some of the places in Bandung .

I'm visiting Bandung this week 20th-23rd Dec, as i 'd plan to visit some of the shopping malls , factory oulets and places to eat . For shopping . i just did some research on the web while for food can anyone recommend me the best foods in Bandung ? As i still undecided to choose whether stay in California Hotel or Anggrek Hotel ...?

And i did wish to ask about the cab/driver service , which are the best agencies or company that provide city tour and outside of city ?

Thankz and regards

Aaron wei

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,530 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in Bandung

aaron w, hi and welcome to TA forums!

1/ a bit UN- wise choice of travel dates - the pre-x-mas weekend - CROWDS are guaranteed in all places - shopping , eating, sights, STREET traffic jams will be eye opening!

NOTE: never travel to Indonesia on holidays season, long weekends, festive season, religious holidays etc. ALWAYS verify your travel dated BEFORE booking and money paid.

2/ <<California Hotel or Anggrek Hotel ...? >>

Angrekkk Shopping hotel, for sure.

3/ << can anyone recommend me the best foods in Bandung ?>>

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g297704-Bandung_…

4/ <<company that provide city tour and outside of city ? >>

There are no organized tours that you may join in BDG, all sightseeing is on your own - you have to rent a car+ driver.

NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and safest way to have a car+ driver in BDG for your needs - rent from your hotel. Individuals that are trying to use TA for personal enrichment/ promoting their activity will be rooted and blacklisted.

3/

seremban
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in Bandung

Hi Schonefeld ,

About the dates , i thought it would be a great choices to shop during per-week of X'mas .And about the Anggrek Hotel , Is that safe as Surabaya ? As i felt very safe at late night during my visit to Surabaya 9 months ago .

Thankz

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,530 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in Bandung

1/ <<, i thought it would be a great choices to shop during per-week of X'mas>>

Just tell me why? and where did you get this idea?

2/ aaron w, i can not REALLY compare the safety of SUB with that one of BDG, but wandering through the dim and poorly lit street of Bandung during dark time is not recommended, for sure. All other routine travel cautions are valid in here to : do not flash jewelry, expensive gadgets in ankot (LOL), do not carry your passport and large money, keep an eye on your belongings....etc etc.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel in Bandung

<< for food can anyone recommend me the best foods in Bandung ? As i still undecided to choose whether stay in California Hotel or Anggrek Hotel ...?>>

Anggrek has better location than California... But you might want to consider other area as well such as Dago. You can look at Holiday Inn or Luxton.

<<And i did wish to ask about the cab/driver service , which are the best agencies or company that provide city tour and outside of city ?>>

Do not use taxi to travel outside of city, the meter will be very expensive. Otherwise, arrange a car rental with your hotel.

<<As i felt very safe at late night during my visit to Surabaya 9 months ago .>>

Jalan Riau is a bit dark at night and less people in some strecth of the street. Dago is a bit brighter and busier... But if you like to venture out at night, i recommend to stay in hotel that attached to shopping mall such as Sensa or hotels at Trans Studio Mall (Trans hotel or Ibis)

seremban
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel in Bandung

Thanks everyone for the previous reply .

By the way , is there any difference between Aggrekk Shopping Hotel and Anggrekk Gandassari Hotel ? Because Anggrek Shopping Hotel fully booked at Agoda.com .

2) Any Chinese cuisine to recommend ?

3) Is the BEC safe to shop without being scam .. ?

Thanks , regards

Aaron

Edited: 17 December 2013, 15:10
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,530 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel in Bandung

<< Is the BEC safe to shop without being scam .. ? >>

What is BEC?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,530 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel in Bandung

<< Any Chinese cuisine to recommend ?>>

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297704-d789…

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel in Bandung

<<By the way , is there any difference between Aggrekk Shopping Hotel and Anggrekk Gandassari Hotel ? Because Anggrek Shopping Hotel fully booked at Agoda.com .>>

Different location. Anggrek shopping hotel is more conveniently located.

<<2) Any Chinese cuisine to recommend ?>>

In Bandung? Not much. You can go to Cha Yuen at Hyatt Regency, Jing Paradise, or Fat Dragon. If you just wish to get a home cooked Chinese meal, you can go to Restoran Mandarin at Kebon Kawung (this is a street-side restaurant) or try the same place with food court concept at Istana Plaza top floor.

<<Is the BEC safe to shop without being scam .. ?>>

Of course! Just make sure to secure your belongings at any time as the place is always crowded. Having a good bargaining skill is essential, although nowadays it's very hard to get discount (or maybe just a little discount). Compare the prices in Malaysia first to make sure you get the best deal. Also, important to check the warranty of the product.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel in Bandung

<<What is BEC?>>

D-u-h! LoL!

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor