We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls help with my 4D/3N Itinerary? So dizzy reading for days

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pls help with my 4D/3N Itinerary? So dizzy reading for days

Hi all,

I have been reading all over this forum and blogs, and I'm appreciative of the extensive information provided here. I am trying to come up with a good itinerary for my group of 7 adults. Could you have a look to see if this is feasible and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Fri 29 Aug

- Arrive Bandung Airport 8:20pm

- Buy 50,000Rp x 2 Taxi ticket to hotel

- Checkin favehotel Premier Cihampelas

- Dinner & Shopping at Cihampelas Walk (Any great indo restaurant at Ci-Walk?)

Sat 30 Aug

- 8:00am Drive to Puncak

- Have lunch (Any restaurant recommendation with a great view?)

- Visit Taman Safari

- Drive back to Bandung, drop off at Pasar Baru

- Dinner at Paskal Food Market

- Drop by Kartika Sari for layer cake

- Walk/Taxi back to hotel

Sun 31 Aug

- Drive to Tangkuban Perahu

- Visit Lembang Floating Market (10,000Rp entry incl hot drink, 1,000Rp boat ride)

- Lunch at Kampung Daun

- Shopping at Terminal Tahu

- Drop off at Rumah Mode

- Dinner at The Stone Cafe (must book)

Mon 1 Sep

- 6:00am breakfast at hotel

- 6:30am depart hotel for Bandung Airport

I do realize that traffic would be bad on a weekend, but we have no choice but to arrive on a Friday night. I am guessing that the traffic from Bandung to Puncak will be on the opposite direction on Saturday morning, that's why I allocated it there. Or should I just cancel the Taman Safari altogether?

I have read so many bad things about self-promoting drivers here, that I don't even know who to choose yet. Need to get my itinerary settled first, before I start approaching any driver.

Thank you very much!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,500 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls help with my 4D/3N Itinerary? So dizzy reading for days

pigengineer, hello

First and foremost - your plan is UNDOABLE as it looks right now. I suggest the following fixtures:

1/ with arrival at 8:20 pm, you have ZERO chance of shopping and eating at Chihampelas, better stay in the hotel and have a dinner at on site restaurants.

NOTE: if you fly AA, they are not an example of on-time performance, especially with evening flights.

2/ <<Sat 30 Aug>>

It`s almost suicidal to go to Puncak on Saturday, and especially from Bandung. You have a fair possibility to be stuck on the road for 7 hours or so and NOT reach taman safari at all.

NOTE: Puncak area has a routine road closure on weekends and the traffic is organized one way only, those who intend to go in the OTHER direction in the same time have to WAIT till 5 pm or so.

SUGGESTION: give up the idea entirely and do smth in BDG vicinity. say, visit T. Perahu, at least it will cost you less BLOOD.

3/ <<Sun 31 Aug>>

Not recommended, better switch T. Perahu with plans on Saturday. On Sunday, just concentrate on shopping.

4/ <<that I don't even know who to choose yet. >>

We do not support any self-promotion and illegal service providers on TA . The current advice is the following:

This is no NEED - to rent a car + driver in BDG for the whole stay and in advance, and with the passing time it becomes less recommended. Taxi service is VERY consistent, prompt, affordable and METERED. Use it with confidence. recommended companies: Blue Bird Group, Chipaganti.

Due to lots of scam in JKT forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs. Your help is greatly appreciated. The only safe way to book car+ driver is VIA YOUR HOTEL concierge/ front desk.

Stay on the safer side of the road!

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls help with my 4D/3N Itinerary? So dizzy reading for days

you can have dinner in cihampelas walk. some of the restaurant open till late night. but other shop will already close.

if you start from 8 am to taman safari, you will arrive at bandung when pasar baru is closed. you can have lunch in puncak (if you take puncak path). but, yes, traffic will be bad that day. and maybe no time to buy kartika sari this day.

some hotel start breakfast at 7 am.

taman safari trip: you have only 2 whole days here. as taman safari will spend a whole day, maybe your time in bandung is not enough.

3. Re: Pls help with my 4D/3N Itinerary? So dizzy reading for days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16