We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls help this last minute request! :)

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
Pls help this last minute request! :)

Hi everyone,

I have been to Bandung almost every year and on different times of the year. Despite being a self-claimed 'advanced' Bandung visitor, it is my first time going on Thursday, 1st May (Labour Day, eek!), so I'm not sure the condition of traffic/footfall at the outlets. I am aware to avoid going on weekends due to the Jakarta crowd.

I am visiting Bandung with my friend for 3 days (our trip is very focused on shopping!) and we have arranged our transportation with the same person who have helped us around before.

Below is my planned itinerary:-

30 APRIL 2014, WEDNESDAY

0800: Breakfast at Ngopi Doloe

1000: Pasar Baru

1300: Check-in hotel (Aston Braga)

1400: Lunch at Rumah Sederhana

1500: Rumah Mode

1800: Dinner at Paris van Java (or should I try Paskal Food Market?)

1 MAY 2014, THURSDAY

1000: Shopping along Jalan Dago

1300: Lunch at Dapur Sangkuriang

1400: Shopping along Jalan Riau

1800: Dinner (can recommend?)

2 MAY 2014, FRIDAY

1000: Check-out from hotel, continue shopping at any uncovered outlets :P

1200: Kartika Sari

1300: Lunch at BMK

1400: Reach Airport

1600: Depart to KL

Please help to review and advise if my planned itinerary is executable or may be you all have a better suggestion.

Thank you so much!!! :)

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls help this last minute request! :)

1000: Shopping along Jalan Dago

1300: Lunch at Dapur Sangkuriang

1400: Shopping along Jalan Riau

dapur sangkuriang near rumah mode ? better find a restaurant near dago or riau street so no need waste lot of time.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls help this last minute request! :)

1) If it doesn't fall during the long weekends.. I don't think the traffic will be horrendous since people still have to work the next day..

2) I would rather eat at Paskal rather than Paris Van Java..

3) Otherwise your itinerary is fine, but type of cuisine would you like for dinner??

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,509 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls help this last minute request! :)

<<Otherwise your itinerary is fine>>

Yes, i agree, if the main focus is shopping shopping shopping, you'll be just fine with your plans.

advice: do not focus on the idea to eat at CERTAIN place, just find smth suitable that happens to be nearby or on your road side.

4. Re: Pls help this last minute request! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16