We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Hi to all

I need help and advice to my last minute planned 3-day itinerary to Bandung.

As I have visited Bandung last year, this is going to be my 2nd visit. I do not have friends to consult, it is diffcult to plan as I have no clue as to the feasibility of my planned program.

I was told I have covered most of the more popular tourist places on my last year visit: Pls help me by advising if below is ok. Any input or comment are most welcome as this will certainly help me to decide to get a driver and car for the full 3 days or just take a taxi and move around or just rent a day of car and driver will do if below are not worth visiting???!

Day 1 - South Bandung or Ciwidey.

- Ranca Upas Deer Breeding

- Walini Hot Spring

- Cimanggu Hot Spring

- Situ Patenggang Lake

- Gambung Tea Plantation

shopping at factory outlets in bandung. dinner and lunch - suggestions for good food

Day 2 (North bandung) - Lembang

- Dago – Dago Cultural Park

- Dago – Dago Waterfall

- Dago Pakar Forest Park & Dutch/Japanese Cave

- Waterfall Omas – Maribaya Recreational Park

- Bosscha Telescope – Lembang

- Jaya Giri Forest Park – Lembang

- Situ Lembang – Lembang

Dusun Bambu

floating market

lunch - suggestions?

dinner - suggestions?

Jalan Riau, Dago street?

factory outlets - any suggestiions?

Day 3

- Saung Angklung Mang Ujo (Sundanese Music Arts)

- Padepokan Dayang Sumbi (Silkworm Breeding) – Arcamanik

- Warung Bandrek “Warban” Sekejolang – Ciburial]

Lunch, dinner, factory outlets or shopping street - any advice?

Thank you so much for big help.

Desperate but Grateful!!

WdlandsDriveSingapor...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Dear myloliveson,

I just returned from my 1st trip to Bandung last week. It was a short vacation so I didn’t manage to go to many FOs. From my experiences while traveling short distances such as:- from my hotel at Jl Setiabudhi to FO-Rumah Mode, from hotel to Paris Van Java mall, from Jln Cihampelas to the Atrium168 spa outlet at Jln Sukajadi and from this area back to hotel, the taxi meter fares on these 4 separate occasions were less than Rp20k each. However, I have to pay Rp25k.

Each taxi driver will mention it’s a common practice to charge consumer the minimal fare of Rp25k even though the meter was showing less.

Am just sharing info and hope this is helpful to you

In addition, please refer to the earlier reply from Schonefeld :

<<“…for travel within BDG city limit - taxi is enough”>>

with best regards

NoraJax

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Dear Stefzzz and Schonefel

Thank you so much for the insight on the taxi transportation in Bandung.

Have a nice weekend all to you TA experts!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Hi Nora

Tks for your input.

However I have concern that between last week and the next week (the madness week where I will be), taxi cost with the traffic conjestion may have a different outcome from your ride experience. It will be intresting to report the situation when I return after the May Day holiday haha!

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
54,984 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

myloliveson,

you are very welcome... and TRAVEL safely!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Many thanks!! Schonefeld.

I will feedback after I returned from Bandung....

Hey sorry one more query before I close my desperate advice forum hahaha,

I saw some write up on Garut somewhere and wondering if I should attempt to go there??? and adjust some of my program during the 3 days.

Any further advice?

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

garut is about 50 km from bandung. it is about 2 - 3 hour drive one way to the city. many tourist attraction need more time to reach from garut city.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
54,984 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

<<Garut>>

would say that you need at least 5 hours to get there during hari lebur, the actual travel distance is 70-80 km, but the roads are all through local villages and not in the perfect condition. Planning a visit to Garut you have to book overnight stay, as day trips overt there is just a waste of time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

Dear Schonefeld & Cakur

Thank you for the info on Garut. Dont think I have the time to spare to go that far. Perhaps the next trip.

I will try to feedback after my return.

Cheers, Have a nice weekend!

29. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 13:12
30. Re: Need Desperate Advice for visit to Bandung!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 13:14
Get answers to your questions about Bandung