We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burangrang Street Culinary

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
523 reviews
Save Topic
Burangrang Street Culinary

I found this in Wikitravel, but have not seen anything about it here (did a search.)

>>"Burangrang Street Culinary, Jl Burangrang. -- Burangrang street was officially inaugurated as culinary street by the city mayor on 7 June 2008. In this street you can find many kiosk, cafes, restos and street food stalls or hawkers (more than 60), selling various food of local culinary."

I realize Wikitravel is sometimes inaccurate and out of date, so I thought I would ask about it here.

Is it a worthwhile place for a visitor to Bandung who likes to explore new cuisine? Would appreciate the insight and opinion of locals or frequent visitors. I tend to like places like this, and always gravitate to Jalan Alor when in Kuala Lumpur.

Footnote: I realize from reading other threads that opinion here is strongly divided on whether or not it is medically prudent to eat from street food stalls and hawkers. Would prefer not to stir up that debate again, however worthy it might be.

Many thanks.

1. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 15:23
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

Perhaps Mercure is doing a "soft opening" before beginning to accept reservations over the internet. I look forward to staying there on another trip.

Do you recognize that "Burangrang Culinary Street?" Ever been there? It's always possible that it is something which was publicly announced but never really got off the ground.

Appreciate your kind concern.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

yes, there is many food stall in burangrang street. i like bakso enggal there. also have bakso tahu saboga, ayam goreng soeharti, and batagor riri. there is one food court there when people queue buying martabak san fransisco. in the night, many food stall is open too.

you can go there to eat in one of the restaurant. food stall is not recommended.

and since you stay at luxton, you can go to bahureksa / progo street. there is many restaurant there too. the place is walkable from luxton.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

Here's what the Wikitravel article says about location, just in case this street has more than one local name.

>>"This road is two-way accessible by car. You can get in from Lingkar Selatan street from south or from ahmad yani street from north."

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bandung.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

--Duplicate post removed--

Edited: 12 August 2014, 09:16
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

yes, i know the place. there is a tank monument in the entrance.

burangrang is not connected to ahmad yani street directly. it is connected to gatot subroto street.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

Thanks, @Cakur. Do you think it's worth a visit? I like trying the cuisine of places that I visit.

Of course I've also done some reading about Bandung's restaurants and am excited about visiting some of them as well.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

if you have time, go there.

try this:

bakso enggal

bakso tahu saboga

ayam goreng soeharti

batagor riri

martabak san fransisco

but eat at food stall is not recommended.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

Thank you very much for your recommendations as to tasty local dishes. Very helpful.

I understand how lack of food stall hygiene can cause serious problems and I don't want to be reckless and wind up sick.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 03:36
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,465 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Burangrang Street Culinary

<< and I don't want to be reckless and wind up sick.>>

That`s right, and your words are full of wisdom. Some simple rules;

1/ avoid eating in the street

2/ have wet tissues/ hand sanitizer always in your handbag/ purse

3/ do not order uncooked food/ raw salads

4/ do not have drinks with ice, if you eat in the places where the ice origin MAY be questionable.

5/ check your cutlery, plates, cleanness of the table before ordering food.

5/ if your waiter looks unwell, sneezes, coughs etc - run.